2013 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
BMW Assist - Waste of money
By milkcan on 11/18/13 12:04 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The engine of the X5 with ~4000 miles died while on the highway. When I pulled over the car smelled like a burning electrical fire. I called BMW/Assist - Wow the worst service over. It took numerous call, two tow trucks, and 4.5 hours to get home. You will get A+ service from GM/OnStar or Ford MySync, or AAA. BMW roadside was a joke. They screwed up just about every aspect of my SOS call. Stay away from BMW Assist. You will not be happy at all. Free for 4 years means nothing if they can't help.

My first BMW
By sal42 on 02/24/13 17:11 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Sport Activity 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a great vehicle, as well as my first BMW. If you learn how to drive the X5 properly you can achieve the MPG figures, and even exceed them, the vehicle has done surprisingly well on gas mileage. The car has been totally reliable and it's performance has been very impressive, it really does handle like a BMW sports sedan, not a big SUV. It is comfortable and feels very solid and secure, even at very high freeway speeds, and it's practicality and space are very much appreciated on a daily basis. I have the M performance and sport packages and they really do make the vehicle look and feel amazing! I would recommend the X5 to anyone looking for a great luxury SUV.

28 of 6,701 people found this review helpful
Think twice before buying a 2013 X5
By ll45 on 01/20/13 18:55 PM (PST)

2013 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 3rd BMW and it is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I am an active mail and find it physically exhausting to drive because of the tight steering wheel. If your normal driving pattern includes a lot of stop and go's; you will find the transmission hesitates. The road noise is louder than my Toyota pickup truck, not to mention the ride is stiffer than my pickup truck. Here is my advice, if you are seriously interested in this vehicle don't make the same mistake I did by taking it for an around the block test drive. Ask the dealer to loan the X5 to you for the weekend and drive it where you live! I own 4 vehicles & this is the last one out of the garage!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW X5 Suv in WA is:

$194 per month*