2012 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Expensive, but Very Nice

2012 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

xDrive35d 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Expensive, but Very Nice
By tmbmw on

2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Picked mine up at the BMW performance center in S.C. Excellent experience and highly recommended to anyone purchasing a BMW SUV. I got to push the car a little and it truly let me know how safe this car is on the road. Sold my 2011 Audi Q5 2.0T and it was well worth the move.

The engine is very smooth and you don't notice the fact that it only has a 6-speed tranny compared to the 8-speed on the gasoline engines. I got 29mpg on my way back from the factory. The engine is very quiet and has plenty of power. Another benefit of the diesel is the engine heat works off of the electronics to warm the engine faster (due to diesel), which means you get heat faster in the car. Add a heated steering wheel and the heated seats and the cold mornings are a non-event. The multi-contour seats are very comfortable and the sports package adds a nice touch to the interior.

For this kind of money, it would be nice to have a remote starter. Also, the car has several blind spots so I catch myself looking twice when changing lanes. While the car has plenty of torque, it would be nice to see the 40d come to the states.