2012 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Fuel Pump issue and putting on

2012 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Fuel Pump issue and putting on a hitch aftermarket
By jamielovesbob on

2012 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I love the way this car drives but after 10,000 miles it broke down on the side of the road. It was a fuel pump issue which I've heard has been a consistent issue with the X5. My friend said they are replacing it with the same fuel pumps so she ended up having it happen again and got rid of her car. I also opted to put a hitch on aftermarket but beware it may cause serious problems with your lease return since they have to actually break off a piece of the bumber to put it on so you would get dinged when turning in the lease. I opted to use the tow clips with a BMW bike rack which carries 2 bikes (can opt for a 3rd tray but it would be tight) and it's a fantastic bike rack.

Extra large sunroof makes it open and airy. Loved the fact that my Blackberry was compatible with the office system and my emails come up but Iphone is not. Boo hoo. They can't keep up with which phones are really compatible and BMW is behind the curve so beware of this fact. They told me BMW's love Iphones but my Blackberry had better compatability.

If you notice that you are getting horrible gas mileage from the start and your fuel indicator won't go all the way to the right when completely full it will probably be the fuel pump. I noticed this changed when they replaced it and I figure BMW owes me about $1,000 in gas!