Excellent & fun to drive
By ravix5 on
2012 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
Had this 2012 X5 for over 3 weeks and put 1200 mi already. Used to drive 525i now got this X5 for the 3rd row. Though it's a truck the drive is more like a sedan. Never felt the higher CG during turns. This a BMW in all aspects and make you feel at home if you had driven any BMW before. luxury, performance & looks of course. The only issue I faced is the lag (1 to 2 secs)between you hit the pedal and picking up speed. There's no lag from a stop and go but when you are at 50 and want to jump to left lane or pass someone you will feel it. Once it picks up then it can go to 80 and 90 without sweat and very stable at such higher speeds. Not so much of an issue for a calculated-fun driver.
Favorite Features
* Acceleration & roar like a muscle car when you put your right foot down * iDrive shows playlists as-is when iPhone (& iPad2 too) is connected via USB * Ability to lock & close all windows by touching and holding your finger on any of the 4 door handles. Very helpful when you have kids in your hands * Headlights' White dual corona rings (improved from 2011) * Nav - maps perspective view
Suggested Improvements
* The defulat audio is so-so.
By moholland
on 01/07/12 07:09 AM (PST)

How do you like the third row? I'm in an '07 MDX with 110k and I'm looking for a new SUV. If Acura had an updated MDX I would probably go for it as I love it but the X5 is a quite an SUV. I have three girls 9,8 & 6 and my dealer doesn't have any 3rd rows available to see. They claim it is useless and they never order them with it. We don't need it everyday but it really is nice to have the third row when we have family in town, which seems to be all too often! Thanks for your feedback.