2012 BMW X5 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

xDrive35d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )
Glad I Chose a 2012 BMW X5 Diesel
By carbear3 on 05/07/14 19:51 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I bought this car about 2 years ago. Interested in better gas mileage but something that also offered me luxury and power, I decided to buy the 2012 X5 diesel. I'm glad I did. My car is sleek, plush, extremely well-built and runs perfectly. What I like about the diesel, too, is that it keeps getting better gas mileage as I break it in. I feel safe in my BMW and pampered. Thanks to my BMW's excellent steering and speed, I was saved from (and avoided) what could have been a life-altering accident. I've never been so impressed with a vehicle--so was my friend, who was also saved. This was an excellent choice for me, and going to the facility in South Carolina was icing on the cake.

BMW does not protect electronics from melted snow or grocery spills in the cargo area
By x5dieselowner on 06/03/13 13:48 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Do not let the BMW perception for reliability deceive you. Common place expectations for simple engineering rigor to protect consumers from costly repairs due to liquid damage is not a part of the BMW reputation. If you are considering purchasing a BMW think twice. The marketing team was responsible for the final decision not to repair over $1300.00 in damage due to electronics placed along the drip path for liquid spills in the rear cargo area of the X5d. The electronic connectors were placed in a position so that the cup is turned in a way to catch liquids. There are no protective nor preventative measures to prevent liquids from entering and destroying critical expensive electronics.

Love it, but....
By dave445 on 09/17/12 12:04 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is a great SUV in every aspect except one, in Illinois it's impossible to find diesel that meets the requirement of not exceeding 5% bio content. Illinois doesn't tax diesel if it has more than 11% bio content. So no fuel stations carry fuel with a lower content. All pumps that I've seen state 5-20% bio content. Same issue with every Audi, VW and Mercedes.

Expensive, but Very Nice
By tmbmw on 01/12/12 18:17 PM (PST)

2012 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Picked mine up at the BMW performance center in S.C. Excellent experience and highly recommended to anyone purchasing a BMW SUV. I got to push the car a little and it truly let me know how safe this car is on the road. Sold my 2011 Audi Q5 2.0T and it was well worth the move.

Don't want to drive anything else.
By mhmt on 11/22/11 23:14 PM (PST)

2012 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have been driving BMWs since 10 years. The diesel X5 is so far, and by far the best BMW, I have driven. Car moves like a sedan with the power of diesel engine. It's the best option to buy in the USA Market.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 BMW X5 Diesel in VA is:

$143 per month*