Vroom diesel (update)
By chuck1969 on
2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
Ok. So this is an update so see the other first if you have not. The door panel is squeaking after 1500 miles. I have an appointment with BMW on Wednesday. I still dislike the iDrive. I can put in Nav Directions at 100 MPH if I wanted to but, the seat belt nanny beeps constantly if I take my belt off to get better range of motion to see to park at 2 MPH or less. Not only that the screen that is supposed to help me is now blocked by the fasten seat belt warning giving me no sight at the front of the X5. I haven't figured out how to turn of the screen if I want to still and I don't consider myself technology challenged. Also I hate the automatic wipers. see below.
Favorite Features
I have to turn on the supposedly automatic rain sensing wipers every time i get in the car. When I do it wipes the windows once which smears the window. I think this is another much needed improvement that BMW needs to address. Once in another car we owned I was driving home
Suggested Improvements
and a diesel truck hit a huge puddle drenching the windows on a dangerous curve that car and its rain sensor set up saved my bacon. I keep finding needed improvements in the vehicle as compared to our MB. So if anybody with clout at BMW is reading fix please. Also more cup holders would be nice.