2011 BMW X5 Consumer Review: NOT PERFECT BUT GOOD

2011 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Review

NOT PERFECT BUT GOOD
By jasunlaw on

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Build quality and driving experience are top notch. Here are my issues; (i) because it handles so well, it is not that great in the snow; (ii) it is vault tight but there quite a few rattles in the back which started after 5000 miles; (iii) there could have been a bigger cargo area-my corvette has almost as much room; (iv) very sensitive check engine light warning system and not all deales know how to fix it-one dealer said my car need a full day of re-programming... a second simply reset it minutes after I arrived for service. Do not open gas cap while engine is running.

Handling (for such a heavy vehicle), acceleration and gas mileage. I like the i-drive and do not know why everbody complains about it. Navigation is the best I have experienced. I also like the stiff steering and tight suspension.

You have to spend a lot of money to get a homelink system which this should be standard. I hate the location of the door lock button and many of the steering column controls are counter-intuitive. Back-up camera should be standard because rear visibility is limited.