It's a diesel? Yup
By dasdzl on
2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
Got a 2011 left over that the dealer had for a while probably because of the color (sparkling bronze) but I kind of like it. I have almost 4000 miles on it now and have done 2 longish trips with it. I avg around 25 for urban driving and on the 2 longish trips have seen 31. Even with the ski box on i still see around 27 on the highway. I would have liked it it have the sport seats, but the standard seats seem to be fine although it has taken some time to get the right seating position for comfort and visibility. I very much enjoy the rear seat room for friends and the ability to have room for the dogs in the back. I did get a trailer hitch for it for the bikes. Kinda pricey though.
Favorite Features
Love the fact I'm getting around the same if not better fuel eco as the sedan i traded in. The amount of room and how surprising quick the car is. I did get running boards for it and dig the look of them and the east of access to the roof rack. Also it's surprisingly fun on twisty roads, not saying you throw it around like a sports car, but it's a far cry for an older jeep i had at one time. I did purchase BMW winter tire package for it for 900, which is a great value for 18' bmw wheels and snow tires. Very cool they offer that.
Suggested Improvements
I've had an issue with a creaking drivers seat. The dealer has duplicated it but seem stumped how to correct it without replacing the whole unit. It's very annoying on bumpy roads as the X5 does have a bit of a stiff ride to it. Also the steering is very heavy at low speeds like when parking or driving around the city (boston) I'm sure I will adjust to it. The steering feel is nice at highway speeds though. The price for the trailer hitch was a bit steep as well mud guards...they're just plastic after all. Hopefully trade in value is as good as they say it!