Great Car -- Highly Recommended after 1 Year Use
By rpg1410 on
2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
Traded in a 2008 535 - needed something bigger for 2 kids. After driving all the midsize SUVs, I narrowed it down to the Audi Q7 diesel and the BMW X5d. Preference for diesel due to mileage. Ended up with a better deal on the X5d. I couldn't be happier with the car. Of the midsize SUVs I drove, the X5 comes closest to giving car handling. The road feel is spot on. Interior design is great and now after having the car since Nov.2011, all components are still working well. Diesel has great responsiveness, of course not as peppy as 535 I traded, but very respectable. Mileage avg 21.7 Enjoying the Sport Package. Got stock radio and it's fine, not same as 535 premium sound but fine.
Favorite Features
Handling is great. Mileage is averaging 21.7. I'm 50/50 in town vs. hwy. On the highway I get 30 miles or so, which means fewer stops at the gas station. Diesel has not been hard to find in Cent FL. Navigation is pretty good, but of course it's hard to compete w/ iPhone. Nevertheless, I've found it to be very helpful. Fit and Finish now almost a year later is great. Dealer (Fields BMW in Orlando) is great. Bought both BMW elsewhere, but serving at Fields and they are the best of the luxury car service groups I've dealt with. It helps that everything is under warranty. Sport Package is great. Also like the Rear Warm Weather package -- tinting/window shades + independent AC for kids.
Suggested Improvements
Navigation could be better but it's not bad. There really aren't many I can think of -- I'm very pleased with the car. This is my third BMW (2001 525; 2008 535; 2011 X5d) separated with a very long 39 month lease with a horrible Land Rover LR3. I may be a BMW lifer -- I'm very pleased (at least as long as there's a warranty).