Good Car, but not perfect!
By ezhang on
2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
I purchased the X5 diesel in Dec 2010 and I have only put on 2500 miles so far. I took one month vacation overseas in Jan/Feb. When I came back, I was worried that the battery might be dead. To my surprise, it started like I just parked it overnight. I have gotten 25.8 mpg on 70/30 Hwy/City driving. It handles most road conditions well. We had some snow just yesterday and today in Seattle, I can feel that the car swins a little bit on the road (less than one inch accumulation), not as confident as other 4wd suvs. Luckily we don't have too many snow days here. The navigation is not very accurate. When I was driving on highway, it showed that I was on a road pararel to the hwy. When I get home ( rural setting), it showed that I am on my neighbour's road 200 ft off my home. Looks like the Germans are not as good as the Japanese in terms of electronics. Also, my second key lost its battery already and can not open or lock the car. It is on my to do list to bring it to the dealer.
Favorite Features
Sun roof
Suggested Improvements
Navigation system needs to be more accurate.
By lessbs
on 06/04/12 12:49 PM (PDT)

Pull the key out of the key fob and it works like a normal key until you get the battery changed.