Fantastic Car So Far
By iowabp on
2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
I purchased this vehicle in November 2010 after a six month new car search. I previously owned a 2003 Nissan XTerra and was searching for a vehicle that provided the space I was used to, as well as a feeling of comfort and fun. I'm still surprised by how much I have enjoyed this BMW. The SUV is fun to drive and has all the bells and whistles you could ask for. I'm constantly finding new things that make life easier. From sending Google Maps directions directly to my Navigation to the impressive music hard drive, it's just an easy vehicle to love.
Favorite Features
First, the engine. When I hit the gas this car GOES. Challenging position on the interstate and you need to get around someone? Hit the gas and you're past them in a flash. I test drove the Cayenne which has a bit more pickup, but the BMW handles itself darn well. The iDrive takes a day or two to get used to, but overall it works very well. The voice dialing is a breeze if you have a bluetooth phone - no "pre-recording" required. I love the interior as well. Due to the run-flat tires there is "hidden" space in the rear made available by the lack of a spare tire. Great place to store loose items.
Suggested Improvements
First, the music organization of the music hard drive is a bit limiting. I would add a couple of options (such as re-naming songs or consolidating folders/cds) to make it easier., But this is a nit. You quickly get used to how it's laid out and adjust. For all I know, there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet. Also, the trunk size requires some inventiveness for transporting your golf clubs. Nothing awe-inspiring, but it takes some diagonal inserting or folding the back seat down. Again, just a nit.