2011 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Buy one if you can afford it.

2011 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

Buy one if you can afford it.
By gregvdv on

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First off let me say that I'm comparing this vehicle againist my BMW 650i that I traded in for it. Plus my wifes BMW 535. It really is a great vehicle. Don't expect it to be or act like a sports car because it's not. Don't expect it to be an off road vehicle because it's not. It trully is a sports activity vehicle. It is fun to drive. It does have many comfort features. It does alot of things very well but it is in its own catagory. It has great performance but not as good as my 650 so I'm being picky. It is fun to drive but not as fun as my 650 or 535. I don't have any complaints about the X5 as a whole, just a few things stick out because I've been driving a BMW for almost 10 years now.

Perforated seats with massage. Comfort access. 25 mpg on average. More room than my last car (650). More area in the back for grocerys, stuff. Being able to copy songs on the hard drive for playback. Overall I love everything

The I Drive is being touted as a great improvement over the old one. It is faster but I would argue that it's easier to use. I liked the ease of my old one and knew what I was doing with it without looking. I can't imagine ever being that good with this one. The Navigation especailly is not easier to use than on my 2006 650. The Sirius radio won't tell me what song is playing if I'm listening to my presets. My 650 would. Back up camera/visual display is really grainy. I know I'm being very picky but these are the things that bother me so far. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I have 1700 miles on it already after 10 days of ownership.