Used 2011 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Bmw X5 - Consumer Reviews

2011 BMW X5

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

This car is not very good to my liking
By john denny

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car was stiff, I had to fill it up 4 times a week just doing my job showing homes on the mainline, I thought it was overpriced for what you got and I myself spent over 60k on mine and I still do not see my investment coming back, I had gotten the gps system in my vehicle and I thought it was very difficult to use and my widget would get stuck very often and that was annoying, then it was the trunk it was super heavy to open and sometimes it would get stuck and there is 2 parts to it to get it open fully, the back seats were very uncomfortable to ride in because they were hard as a rock and very stiff. The 4x4 is one of the most awful terrain vehicles I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

nothing to include

Suggested Improvements

everything

Fun and Fabulous
By Mary D.

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is THE most incredible vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of owning & driving. This is an extremely intuitive vehicle with extraordinary built in safety features.

Great Machine
By Bryan

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought the X5 35i with the M Sports package. I love this machine. It's almost as fun to drive as my corvette. It handles more like a sedan than a nearly two ton SUV. It's my new favorite toy.

Fun to drive, few odd quirks, delicate
By MonkeyDo

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased a 2011 X5d at Long Beach BMW. So far, I'm not impressed with Long Beach BMW and may never return, but that is another story for another time. One month in, I still like the vehicle. It has a few odd quirks and some parts are of questionable durability, but over all, not bad and fun to drive. Odd quirks: rear tailgate button on keyless remote is too sensitive. Shoulder belt height is not adjustable. Questionable durability: plastic on under side of running boards and around wheel wells is not going to hold up. Already a few minor pits and scratches in the first 1000 miles on average city streets. Also, one rim already scratched and I don't parallel park.

Favorite Features

I love the Turbo diesel. I'm averaging slightly over 20 mpg around town and sometimes a little over 30 on the freeway with light traffic and cruise control! Also, lots of wonderful torque makes this vehicle really go when you want it to!

Suggested Improvements

Every other vehicle I've driven over the last decade+ had adjustable height shoulder belts but not this $60k vehicle. Tailgate is too easy to accidentally open with keyless remote in your pocket. Plastic on the exterior needs to be improved. Also, paint on rims apparently flakes off very easily

Love it!
By Shane

2011 BMW X5 xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Love it love it love it! I bought it with the M sport package, what a difference in looks and sound!

Favorite Features

Speed and handling