Used 2011 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Fast Fast Very Fast
By deruds7

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So Far So Good. and it's Quick very very Quick Broom broom. the only thing don't like is hard to maneuver at the parking lot. i dont know why? but when it's cruising and passing oh yeah you fly "Superb baby"mileage average for me about 18mpg.

Nice change
By KKinAZ

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Sport Activity 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently purchased a new 2011 X5 Sport model and have to say I love it. I was previously driving a Range Rover Sport HSE and have to say it's a nice change. Comfort, quality and great handling put my old RRS to shame. With the new turbo engine this thing is fast and has the handling of a coupe.

By far the handling of this vehicle is superior to anything else in it's class. The upgraded Navigation and sound is a nice plus.

Pricing

2011 BMW X5 Outperforms
By richard

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 3rd BMW and by far the best. The performance is awesome and the panoramic glass roof is unparalleled. I am averaging 18 and 22 miles per gallon. Sound system is great and the you hear no noise from outside. Suspension is great and the power of the twin turbo is incredible. Handling is awesome too. takes curves with ease and does not drive like a typical SUV, more like a sedan.

panoramic roof, sound system, power, split console and glove box. easy access..

more drink holders in the front area.

X5 50i 9K mile whine update
By x5

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

My X5 50i is now 4 months old, has 9,000 miles and still whines at around 2,000 rpm, badly enough to embarrass a Lada driver. Apparently BMW is OK with that. However, if you complain enough you will discover that this problem is common to the X5 50i and the 750i which both have the same power train. Apparently BMW has now determined that the cause is a defective engine oil pump. The repair requires removing the front differential and axles, the front subframe, lifting the engine and removing 2 oil pans in order to replace the pump. This is documented on the Bimmerfest website, so I was not alone with this problem. Now, do I trust my Dealership to do this without screwing up my car?

Power, torque,ventilated seats, handling. The active steering option with 2 turns lock to lock, mitigates the otherwise large 42ft turning circle. Brakes are excellent. The 20" wheels suit the body style, in my opinion. No noticeable degradation to the ride with the 20" wheels.

Should be able to CLOSE the rear hatch remotely. Contrary to other posts, the A/C is marginal, especially here in Florida. It struggles, but the ventilated seats help a bit. A remote start feature should be offered. After 4 months I'm still waiting for rear panel from Germany for my trailer hitch

Better than expected
By bgm

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We have always been Volvo owners. My wife wanted a SUV we tested Volvo, Mercedes and BMW. The BMW handled much better than the Mercedes. I thought the ride would be harsh but it is not. We took delivery at the BMW Performance Center in South Carolina. Excellent program and an excellent vehicle. I have never owned BMW but now I am considering purchasing another one for myself next year. We are averaging 22 mpg. Handles like my old Volvo S80 V8.

GPS,upgraded seat are outstanding. The sound system is excellent. Very good power.

Make car mats standard.