2011 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Update on my Original Review
By AX5 on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I still think the X5 and all BMW's are a blast to drive, but I'm starting to have the High Pressure Fuel Pump issues. It takes longer to start up (anywhere from 4-5 seconds) and I'm starting to see re-occurring error codes whenever I hook up my diagnostic system. BMW went public on there HPFP issue, but only for 2007- 2010 model years. They need to include 2011 models in their recall, as my X5 and several other 2011 model year cars are having HPFP issues

This car is not very good to my liking
By john denny on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car was stiff, I had to fill it up 4 times a week just doing my job showing homes on the mainline, I thought it was overpriced for what you got and I myself spent over 60k on mine and I still do not see my investment coming back, I had gotten the gps system in my vehicle and I thought it was very difficult to use and my widget would get stuck very often and that was annoying, then it was the trunk it was super heavy to open and sometimes it would get stuck and there is 2 parts to it to get it open fully, the back seats were very uncomfortable to ride in because they were hard as a rock and very stiff. The 4x4 is one of the most awful terrain vehicles I have ever driven.

Fun and Fabulous
By Mary D. on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Sport Activity 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is THE most incredible vehicle I've ever had the pleasure of owning & driving. This is an extremely intuitive vehicle with extraordinary built in safety features.

Great Machine
By Bryan on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Sport Activity 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought the X5 35i with the M Sports package. I love this machine. It's almost as fun to drive as my corvette. It handles more like a sedan than a nearly two ton SUV. It's my new favorite toy.

Love it!
By Shane on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Love it love it love it! I bought it with the M sport package, what a difference in looks and sound!

Fast Fast Very Fast
By deruds7 on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So Far So Good. and it's Quick very very Quick Broom broom. the only thing don't like is hard to maneuver at the parking lot. i dont know why? but when it's cruising and passing oh yeah you fly "Superb baby"mileage average for me about 18mpg.

Nice change
By KKinAZ on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Sport Activity 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I recently purchased a new 2011 X5 Sport model and have to say I love it. I was previously driving a Range Rover Sport HSE and have to say it's a nice change. Comfort, quality and great handling put my old RRS to shame. With the new turbo engine this thing is fast and has the handling of a coupe.

2011 BMW X5 Outperforms
By richard on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 3rd BMW and by far the best. The performance is awesome and the panoramic glass roof is unparalleled. I am averaging 18 and 22 miles per gallon. Sound system is great and the you hear no noise from outside. Suspension is great and the power of the twin turbo is incredible. Handling is awesome too. takes curves with ease and does not drive like a typical SUV, more like a sedan.

X5 50i 9K mile whine update
By x5 on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive50i 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

My X5 50i is now 4 months old, has 9,000 miles and still whines at around 2,000 rpm, badly enough to embarrass a Lada driver. Apparently BMW is OK with that. However, if you complain enough you will discover that this problem is common to the X5 50i and the 750i which both have the same power train. Apparently BMW has now determined that the cause is a defective engine oil pump. The repair requires removing the front differential and axles, the front subframe, lifting the engine and removing 2 oil pans in order to replace the pump. This is documented on the Bimmerfest website, so I was not alone with this problem. Now, do I trust my Dealership to do this without screwing up my car?

Better than expected
By bgm on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 SUV xDrive35i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

We have always been Volvo owners. My wife wanted a SUV we tested Volvo, Mercedes and BMW. The BMW handled much better than the Mercedes. I thought the ride would be harsh but it is not. We took delivery at the BMW Performance Center in South Carolina. Excellent program and an excellent vehicle. I have never owned BMW but now I am considering purchasing another one for myself next year. We are averaging 22 mpg. Handles like my old Volvo S80 V8.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW X5 Suv in VA is:

$147 per month*