2011 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
2011 BMW x5-35i need further work
By ikalajmi on 07/09/11 04:34 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have recently purchased the new 2011 X5-35i and So Far So Good. I was previously driving a 2010 lexus RX 350. Bought this X5 after much research comparing it with 2010 RX350 and 2011 VW Touareg

BMW are terrible especially if buying from Peoria
By terrible on 02/25/11 11:18 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Very expensive to maintain, especially if you buy it from Peoria, il. Cheaters. They'll stab you as they did it on me. Bmw looks good but, it's not worth it, trust me, that was my second x5. I will never buy it again. It was 2011 and now we are in Feb. 2011 and I sold it finally. Hate bmw and hate bmw Peoria , illinois.

This car is not very good to my liking
By john denny on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car was stiff, I had to fill it up 4 times a week just doing my job showing homes on the mainline, I thought it was overpriced for what you got and I myself spent over 60k on mine and I still do not see my investment coming back, I had gotten the gps system in my vehicle and I thought it was very difficult to use and my widget would get stuck very often and that was annoying, then it was the trunk it was super heavy to open and sometimes it would get stuck and there is 2 parts to it to get it open fully, the back seats were very uncomfortable to ride in because they were hard as a rock and very stiff. The 4x4 is one of the most awful terrain vehicles I have ever driven.

Fast Fast Very Fast
By deruds7 on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So Far So Good. and it's Quick very very Quick Broom broom. the only thing don't like is hard to maneuver at the parking lot. i dont know why? but when it's cruising and passing oh yeah you fly "Superb baby"mileage average for me about 18mpg.

Bimmer are the best
By x5d on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought this after much research comparing it to Q7 and MB diesel. No match as the interior is far superior in both built and ergonomics. The iDrive is much improved and very easy to use. Mild diesel knock but less than MB and Q7. Great Torque and Turbo. Drives as expected with smooth yet engaging ride. Exterior and Ventilated seats are awesome.

Strong, Stylish and Sophisticated
By Wally Joomblot on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Proud of myself for buying this versatile and seriously designed machine.

BMW with Diesel
By JF on 06/27/10 08:16 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It's very powerful when starting to move, and also is very smooth. Fuel economy is about 22~24 mpg on average so far. Excellent on-road performance and handling, with comfortable seating for the driver and rear passengers. This SUV is what we expected.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW X5 in VA is:

$147 per month*