Used 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

2011 BMW x5-35i need further work
By ikalajmi

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have recently purchased the new 2011 X5-35i and So Far So Good. I was previously driving a 2010 lexus RX 350. Bought this X5 after much research comparing it with 2010 RX350 and 2011 VW Touareg

Favorite Features

I like the exterior and the interior looking of the car. In general X5 has a Great Torque, quality and great handling with the new turbo engine. Great back-up camera that shows actual image of vehicle from above and in the rear. Love the acceleration, the fuel economy and the sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

I have some complaints about the X5-35i. 1- Air condition is not powerful during midday. Car suspension and seats are stiff and very expensive to maintain. Although the 8-speed automatic transmission is smooth but, lower engine acceleration for city driving is still noisy not like Lexus cars. Seat belt beeps constantly if I take my belt off for long time which makes me nervous even I lower the sound volume. There is no engine temperature indicator. Radio manipulating is not friendly as it should be. BMW must work harder like Lexus. I am sorry but if you went my honest advice buy Lexus car you will be very happy.

BMW are terrible especially if buying from Peoria
By terrible

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Very expensive to maintain, especially if you buy it from Peoria, il. Cheaters. They'll stab you as they did it on me. Bmw looks good but, it's not worth it, trust me, that was my second x5. I will never buy it again. It was 2011 and now we are in Feb. 2011 and I sold it finally. Hate bmw and hate bmw Peoria , illinois.

Favorite Features

nothing.

Suggested Improvements

be nice to your clients and not like tim Leaman in Peoria, il. BMW.

This car is not very good to my liking
By john denny

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car was stiff, I had to fill it up 4 times a week just doing my job showing homes on the mainline, I thought it was overpriced for what you got and I myself spent over 60k on mine and I still do not see my investment coming back, I had gotten the gps system in my vehicle and I thought it was very difficult to use and my widget would get stuck very often and that was annoying, then it was the trunk it was super heavy to open and sometimes it would get stuck and there is 2 parts to it to get it open fully, the back seats were very uncomfortable to ride in because they were hard as a rock and very stiff. The 4x4 is one of the most awful terrain vehicles I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

nothing to include

Suggested Improvements

everything

Fast Fast Very Fast
By deruds7

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

So Far So Good. and it's Quick very very Quick Broom broom. the only thing don't like is hard to maneuver at the parking lot. i dont know why? but when it's cruising and passing oh yeah you fly "Superb baby"mileage average for me about 18mpg.

Bimmer are the best
By x5d

2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought this after much research comparing it to Q7 and MB diesel. No match as the interior is far superior in both built and ergonomics. The iDrive is much improved and very easy to use. Mild diesel knock but less than MB and Q7. Great Torque and Turbo. Drives as expected with smooth yet engaging ride. Exterior and Ventilated seats are awesome.

Favorite Features

Exterior and Interior styling. Ventilated seats. Drive. Torque. I'm getting 22 and 27 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could be better with the 8 speed addition.