I can't believe it's a diesel!
By JACK on
2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
I just took delivery of my 2010 X5 35D and am grinning from ear to ear from the driving experience and the superb turbo diesel engine. I have owned 3 series BMWs previously, but decided to buy something bigger. All in all, the fit and finish and the quality of materials used is second to none. The new I-drive is more intuitive than I anticipated. So far, my only complaint is that the car is a bit difficult to get in and out of. I equipped my X5 with running boards purely for aesthetics and found that it actually impedes one's ability to enter and exit the car and leaves dirt on one's pants. My experience with the car is too new to report on its fuel efficiency. The sound system is nice.
Favorite Features
Turbo diesel engine growl during acceleration. Fit and finish of the car. Confidence inspiring handling. The std. sound system.
Suggested Improvements
Offer better value-oriented option packages. Re-design the running boards and the placement of them so that is actually assists the driver and passengers with entering and exiting. Make a better third row seat that adults can actually sit in.