First BMW
By lsd1 on
2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
The 2010 BMW X5 was my entry into the BMW brand. It is a nice blend of car and SUV. I bought it with 12,000 miles so took advantage of a price discount by the dealer. I have put 14,000 miles on the car so far and have been pleased. The 2010 'control wheel' (which manages access to radio, navigation, etc.) is much more user friendly than I expected, and improved over 2009 and earlier versions. The finishes and quality earn the great reputation this brand has achieved. Have not had any service issues with the car since purchase.
Suggested Improvements
Key observations: 1) The car came with the third row seating, which really does not seem functional. 2) Main complaint are the factory installed running boards which makes getting in and out of the car more challenging. I tried to have the boards removed, but the dealer confirmed this is not realistically possible do to factory install. 3) Also, have to really dip my head (I'm only 5'8") to clear the door opening when getting in an out. But, once inside, all is good. 4) Be sure to check for your desired seat position and be aware of a 'blind spot' which is much more obvious in some positions. While all cars have blind spots, this one can be unusually unique.