Used 2010 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

*drool*
By Abhi

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've never come across a car that is fun to drive each and every time you press the "start/stop" button! The X35D turbo is a rocket on the highway. If the highway is empty and I'm just craving a little get-pushed-in-your-seat-on-take- off fun, I just release the hounds. The 3.0 gas is not bad, but the 3.5D is just plain amazing. Interior technology is great. The backseat is actually spacious like a sedan and not like most SUV's where it's a bit narrower with no thigh support. The engine is of course a bit louder but the roar when you giddy up is fun.

Twin Turbo, Seamless Idrive-Ipod integration, most comfortable SUV seats ever, Google Maps integration with BMW Assist.

Need to figure out a better design for the running boards - they look good but seem to get in the way a bit when getting in and out (might be my fault since I'm not that tall)

BMW diesel is awesome
By LITTLEVINNY

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased 2010 4 months ago. I have 3500 miles on it and I have had no problems. This automobile is incredible. The engine is so smooth and powerful. It feels like you get to 60 mph in 4 secs. It is effortless and fun to drive. I do not think I will ever buy a regular gas engine powered car again. BMW fit and finish is the best. Everything is first class in this vehicle. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? The only thing I do not like is run flat tires. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? I am getting about 23 mpg with about 50/50 city/highway driving. I hope that BMW does not keep raising their prices so much that they become unaffordable. Did I mention that it is fun to

Diesel engine, appearance, handling.

I realize run flat tires are a safety feature but they ride rough and are noisy. Would like to be able to close tailgate from the driver's seat. BMW should do away with fancy, expensive owners Manual and cd's and drop price of car.

Better than advertised
By Bigpunnisher51

2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Well I've spent about a week with my 2010 X5 3.0. Initial impressions are quite favorable. I am quite taken by the overall fit and finish of the vehicle, it's absolutely beautiful. I went with Sapphire Black, and every option available. Driving thus far has been refined, although I am going to miss that raw thrust and power of my outgoing FX 45, but I need to slow down anyway. Hopefully it will be as reliable as the FX

2010 BMW x5 Diesel first quarter
By Old_Navy

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First of all Bellvue could not have treated me better. I had been to to other dealerships locally in the Portland area and they were unsat. My only complaint is the Nav system that can't find anything and the sound system. The nav system has Probability of Success for finding something of less than .5. You could go to the vendor website and enter the lat long, but if you don't know where it is then you don't know lat long either. The radio will tune to both HD and standard signals and sometimes both which is the problem. Like an echo due to signal lag. Sound is not exceptional. Ride is great with the Multi contour seats. Overall car is great though Diesel performs well. Moon roof is nice

Multi-contour seats

Get a real NAV system not some european wannabe. Literally cannot find most of the addresses and you cannot force it to accept an address it doesn't know. Might want to re design running board. You cannot get out without putting the back of your leg against it. Not good if board is wet or dirty.

Will never go back to gas engines
By eastcoast

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

11,000 miles on a 2010 X5 diesel and I love it. Excellent build quality, performance, comfort, and zero defects. (I'll be first in line for the new X5 4.0d in 2011.) I like the comfort/convenience of an SUV while knowing that clean diesel doesn't pollute like a gas SUV. I looked at the 555hp X5 M, but I can't stomach guzzling gas and polluting like that any more. No tire problems yet. (And yes, whiners in the previous post, your X5 does have a spare tire. Try reading your owner's manual.) I've had 6 X5s since 2001. Although this is the most truck-like vehicle BMW has ever made, it has the best combination of performance, fuel efficiency, low emissions.

28.5 mpg pure highway (optimal conditions). City/highway combined mpg: 23. That's great for a 5,300 lb vehicle. Add 3 passengers, and it's 3 tons. Comfort seats are the best. The new iDrive/navigation is vastly improved. The torque is great in the mountains.

BMW, pay attention: not all buyers equate noise with performance. This X5 is quieter than the last generation, but you can still tune out more exhaust and road noise. Diesel engine noise is fine but the exhaust note is too intrusive especially on hard acceleration. Your competitors all are quieter.