2010 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
BMW X 5 diesel
By Ken Kaiser on 12/30/09 13:15 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Really like the vehicle but hate the Navigation system. Not only can it not find an address that has been there for 30 years, but it won't let you enter an address if it doesn't recognize it. You can go to the developer's web site if you know the latitude and longitude of the address and they will verify it and enter it in the update. Not good. Overall quality of the vehicle was excellent so far and the dealer was very good to me.

Needs better quality & reliability
By Tap on 12/28/09 13:26 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The X3 and X5 have the same 3.0 sized engine. But the X5 is about 1000lbs heavier. Where is the "Efficient Dynamics"? It is sluggish after making turns. You are constantly downing shifting gears just to be normal on the roads. This one is not part of the Ultimate Driving machine class!!

Horrible X5
By Nancy on 12/27/09 20:40 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Lost wiper in heavy rain storm, one of the windows insisted to open on the freeway and flooded my car. The next day it magically cured itself. Alarm goes off on its own. I have observed this myself. Nothing passed by my X5 with loud music or exhaust. MY dealer cant figure it out. The battery is excellent. Lost the driver's memory seat, fixed it then it was the passenger's memory seat. What's next? When the car goes over a bump, the rear wiper and washer are on. You all get the idea...

The Best SUV/SAV Money Can Buy
By RD on 12/22/09 15:49 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

2010 X5 has the shortest turning radius in its class, excellent diesel fuel economy, much improved iDrive system, and very comfortable/luxurious interior. We have 3 BMWs in our family, and the X5 is the most comfortable one by far. The only thing I'm worried about is BMW's reliability issue down the road such as window regulators, fuel pump, and cooling system, I think an extended warranty will come in handy.

Top of the line
By manny on 12/21/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my brand new 2010 BMW x5 4.8. I can't get tired of driving it, it handles like a sports car and rides like a sports car too. The 3 row seating not worth the money, did not get - can only fit small kid, very small. Everything else I love.

2010 BMW
By RetiredDan on 12/13/09 15:09 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We have had our X5d for 2 months now and love it! After the first week we took it on a test drive to Las Vegas and it performed beautifully. My wife went thru the owners manual figuring out how everything works and we were able to figure out all the features that we use without much trouble. The owners manual is great and easy to follow. So far it is just what we were looking for and the diesel is great. No more smog checks! Can't beat the power and economy of a diesel.

BMW X5 Diesel
By Colin on 11/30/09 14:10 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the car 10 days ago. Love it so far (never spent this much on a car). Engine is fantastic, seems really solid, and the gas mileage appears legit so far. We have 3 kids under 11, and it probably isn't the best family car in terms of space (compared to a minivan), but we did it anyway since it's so much fun.

Finally a High Performance Diesel
By Rick on 11/28/09 08:34 AM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

What a great road machine. Typically amazing BMW handling with an torquey (425 ft. lb.) diesel to slice through traffic and pull you down the open road. This machine not only has great performance and luxury, it also is a very low emission (check the white glove tail pipe test) high efficiency engine that exceeds 25 mpg on the highway. I can start this vehicle in my garage with the door closed and have literally NO diesel odor after warming up for several minutes. The engine has a nice growl at idle that fades to barely perceptible at highway speeds. The fit and finish are perfect and with the technology package the is little left to ask for in terms of amenities. Many 1,000 mile trips ahead.

BMW is Spot On
By RP Diesel on 11/28/09 06:37 AM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have had my 2010 X5 35d for ten days now. The first thing to note is that BMW has finally got the iDrive system correct. This version is the best system of this kind I have seen (I have the Toyota and Acura navs also). The diesel is getting over 31mpg on the highway and 23.5mpg in and around town. That is on my second tank. The fit and finish are flawless. Acceleration is excellent. The Parking Assist system is extremely good and may be the best feature. I struggled with what to purchase, I made the right decision. I even avoided the 2009 X5 knowing the iDrive was going to be improved - WOW did it.

One of a kind vehicle
By mrf on 11/26/09 18:06 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Simply put, there is nothing like this vehicle in the market in 2009-2010. Name another vehicle that rockets from 0 to 60 in less than 7 seconds and gets 32 MPG on the freeway! No short cuts in manufacturing, unmatched interior quality, exceptional handling and lots more. Don't try to save money on the options. This car should be had with all the bells and whistles. Well worth the investment. Tried all the competitors. None impressed me as much as this car. Have had it for a week now and have to say that the car delivers on the promise!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW X5 in VA is:

$122 per month*