Used 2010 BMW X5 Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW X5 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

xDrive35d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )

Awesome Engine
By Dave

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Awesome engine and handling. Picking it up at Factory Performance Center was an outstanding experience and makes you feel really safe in this vehicle. So far we are averaging 24 mpg and this engine really rocks. Thought we wouldn't like the "I" drive, however, it is really easy to use.

Engine and handling performance.

Air conditioning system is undersized. Electronic shifter can be done away with. Get rid of the run flat tires. Needes dual sun visors.

My first BMW
By red308

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I researched and test drove all the leading 2010 SUVs that are not gas hogs. Far and away the BMW X5 diesel was the best driving experience. Mercedes was #2 and Lexus was #3. The x5 diesel was the most responsive under all driving conditions. It combines the right amount of power with a great feel for the road. The brakes are incredible. The acceleration is excellent. The ergonomics are outstanding. For me, the engineers at BMW have really done their homework. I love the iDrive interface and the integration with my Apple iPhone and iPod. The backup sensors, rear camera and overhead view are superior to anything I saw from other manufacturers. Very happy with my choice.

I learned in this process that even the competitors acknowledge why BMW is called the ultimate driving machine. Each time a test drove a car I told the sales person what cars were on my list. Each time I said that the X5 diesel was in the list you could tell they knew the competition was strong.

Open grill to radiator should be better shielded from bugs (like the Lexus). Cutout in bumper for hitch could be improved. There is a learning curve for all the controls but the manual is quite good. Not sure if everyone takes the time to read it though. Rear privacy glass not standalone option

*drool*
By Abhi

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've never come across a car that is fun to drive each and every time you press the "start/stop" button! The X35D turbo is a rocket on the highway. If the highway is empty and I'm just craving a little get-pushed-in-your-seat-on-take- off fun, I just release the hounds. The 3.0 gas is not bad, but the 3.5D is just plain amazing. Interior technology is great. The backseat is actually spacious like a sedan and not like most SUV's where it's a bit narrower with no thigh support. The engine is of course a bit louder but the roar when you giddy up is fun.

Twin Turbo, Seamless Idrive-Ipod integration, most comfortable SUV seats ever, Google Maps integration with BMW Assist.

Need to figure out a better design for the running boards - they look good but seem to get in the way a bit when getting in and out (might be my fault since I'm not that tall)

BMW diesel is awesome
By LITTLEVINNY

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased 2010 4 months ago. I have 3500 miles on it and I have had no problems. This automobile is incredible. The engine is so smooth and powerful. It feels like you get to 60 mph in 4 secs. It is effortless and fun to drive. I do not think I will ever buy a regular gas engine powered car again. BMW fit and finish is the best. Everything is first class in this vehicle. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? The only thing I do not like is run flat tires. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? I am getting about 23 mpg with about 50/50 city/highway driving. I hope that BMW does not keep raising their prices so much that they become unaffordable. Did I mention that it is fun to

Diesel engine, appearance, handling.

I realize run flat tires are a safety feature but they ride rough and are noisy. Would like to be able to close tailgate from the driver's seat. BMW should do away with fancy, expensive owners Manual and cd's and drop price of car.

2010 BMW x5 Diesel first quarter
By Old_Navy

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First of all Bellvue could not have treated me better. I had been to to other dealerships locally in the Portland area and they were unsat. My only complaint is the Nav system that can't find anything and the sound system. The nav system has Probability of Success for finding something of less than .5. You could go to the vendor website and enter the lat long, but if you don't know where it is then you don't know lat long either. The radio will tune to both HD and standard signals and sometimes both which is the problem. Like an echo due to signal lag. Sound is not exceptional. Ride is great with the Multi contour seats. Overall car is great though Diesel performs well. Moon roof is nice

Multi-contour seats

Get a real NAV system not some european wannabe. Literally cannot find most of the addresses and you cannot force it to accept an address it doesn't know. Might want to re design running board. You cannot get out without putting the back of your leg against it. Not good if board is wet or dirty.