2010 BMW X5 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

xDrive35d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )
Best utility vehicle
By ibmjoseph on 02/08/10 19:03 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I drove Mercede Banze for passed 10 years.Now, I had BMW X5 for 3 months. I drove it on snowing condition and went to ski resort at mountain road. X5 tracking is better than any MB I had. The car is full loaded. I'm 100 % satisfy, especial for X5D toque and mileage, leather interior too.

X5 35d Twin Turbo - 'nuf said
By cmonty on 02/06/10 17:28 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I commute 120 miles a day, so I need a car with both fuel economy and an exciting driving experience. My commute has gone from a total drag to something I actually look forward to. The 425lbs of torque plaster me to the drivers seat and the responsive steering makes maneuvering in traffic a breeze. I chose the Premium Package, Technology Package, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package and Rear Climate Package with running boards and roof rack. I have put just over 1000 miles on the vehicle and the on-board computer is reporting that my average speed is 47 miles per hour with a MPG of 25.6. This is better average MPG than my Honda Accord! I would recommend the X5 35d to anyone!

powerful and solid
By slmdds on 01/25/10 17:47 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've only had the car for 1 week, I did spend more than I was planning but the engine and interior made the extra worth it. I enjoy the solid ride and am impressed with the power and responsive handling. I like the safety ratings and fuel mileage and hope to have this car for a long time. I give it a 5 star rating at this time.

BMW X 5 diesel
By Ken Kaiser on 12/30/09 13:15 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Really like the vehicle but hate the Navigation system. Not only can it not find an address that has been there for 30 years, but it won't let you enter an address if it doesn't recognize it. You can go to the developer's web site if you know the latitude and longitude of the address and they will verify it and enter it in the update. Not good. Overall quality of the vehicle was excellent so far and the dealer was very good to me.

The Best SUV/SAV Money Can Buy
By RD on 12/22/09 15:49 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

2010 X5 has the shortest turning radius in its class, excellent diesel fuel economy, much improved iDrive system, and very comfortable/luxurious interior. We have 3 BMWs in our family, and the X5 is the most comfortable one by far. The only thing I'm worried about is BMW's reliability issue down the road such as window regulators, fuel pump, and cooling system, I think an extended warranty will come in handy.

2010 BMW
By RetiredDan on 12/13/09 15:09 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We have had our X5d for 2 months now and love it! After the first week we took it on a test drive to Las Vegas and it performed beautifully. My wife went thru the owners manual figuring out how everything works and we were able to figure out all the features that we use without much trouble. The owners manual is great and easy to follow. So far it is just what we were looking for and the diesel is great. No more smog checks! Can't beat the power and economy of a diesel.

BMW X5 Diesel
By Colin on 11/30/09 14:10 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Bought the car 10 days ago. Love it so far (never spent this much on a car). Engine is fantastic, seems really solid, and the gas mileage appears legit so far. We have 3 kids under 11, and it probably isn't the best family car in terms of space (compared to a minivan), but we did it anyway since it's so much fun.

Finally a High Performance Diesel
By Rick on 11/28/09 08:34 AM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

What a great road machine. Typically amazing BMW handling with an torquey (425 ft. lb.) diesel to slice through traffic and pull you down the open road. This machine not only has great performance and luxury, it also is a very low emission (check the white glove tail pipe test) high efficiency engine that exceeds 25 mpg on the highway. I can start this vehicle in my garage with the door closed and have literally NO diesel odor after warming up for several minutes. The engine has a nice growl at idle that fades to barely perceptible at highway speeds. The fit and finish are perfect and with the technology package the is little left to ask for in terms of amenities. Many 1,000 mile trips ahead.

BMW is Spot On
By RP Diesel on 11/28/09 06:37 AM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have had my 2010 X5 35d for ten days now. The first thing to note is that BMW has finally got the iDrive system correct. This version is the best system of this kind I have seen (I have the Toyota and Acura navs also). The diesel is getting over 31mpg on the highway and 23.5mpg in and around town. That is on my second tank. The fit and finish are flawless. Acceleration is excellent. The Parking Assist system is extremely good and may be the best feature. I struggled with what to purchase, I made the right decision. I even avoided the 2009 X5 knowing the iDrive was going to be improved - WOW did it.

One of a kind vehicle
By mrf on 11/26/09 18:06 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Simply put, there is nothing like this vehicle in the market in 2009-2010. Name another vehicle that rockets from 0 to 60 in less than 7 seconds and gets 32 MPG on the freeway! No short cuts in manufacturing, unmatched interior quality, exceptional handling and lots more. Don't try to save money on the options. This car should be had with all the bells and whistles. Well worth the investment. Tried all the competitors. None impressed me as much as this car. Have had it for a week now and have to say that the car delivers on the promise!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW X5 Diesel in WA is:

$156 per month*