2010 BMW X5 Diesel 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2010 BMW X5 Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

xDrive35d 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic)

xDrive35d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )
Awesome Engine
By Dave on 04/28/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Awesome engine and handling. Picking it up at Factory Performance Center was an outstanding experience and makes you feel really safe in this vehicle. So far we are averaging 24 mpg and this engine really rocks. Thought we wouldn't like the "I" drive, however, it is really easy to use.

My first BMW
By red308 on 04/20/10 08:50 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I researched and test drove all the leading 2010 SUVs that are not gas hogs. Far and away the BMW X5 diesel was the best driving experience. Mercedes was #2 and Lexus was #3. The x5 diesel was the most responsive under all driving conditions. It combines the right amount of power with a great feel for the road. The brakes are incredible. The acceleration is excellent. The ergonomics are outstanding. For me, the engineers at BMW have really done their homework. I love the iDrive interface and the integration with my Apple iPhone and iPod. The backup sensors, rear camera and overhead view are superior to anything I saw from other manufacturers. Very happy with my choice.

*drool*
By Abhi on 04/16/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've never come across a car that is fun to drive each and every time you press the "start/stop" button! The X35D turbo is a rocket on the highway. If the highway is empty and I'm just craving a little get-pushed-in-your-seat-on-take- off fun, I just release the hounds. The 3.0 gas is not bad, but the 3.5D is just plain amazing. Interior technology is great. The backseat is actually spacious like a sedan and not like most SUV's where it's a bit narrower with no thigh support. The engine is of course a bit louder but the roar when you giddy up is fun.

BMW diesel is awesome
By LITTLEVINNY on 04/12/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased 2010 4 months ago. I have 3500 miles on it and I have had no problems. This automobile is incredible. The engine is so smooth and powerful. It feels like you get to 60 mph in 4 secs. It is effortless and fun to drive. I do not think I will ever buy a regular gas engine powered car again. BMW fit and finish is the best. Everything is first class in this vehicle. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? The only thing I do not like is run flat tires. Did I mention that it is fun to drive? I am getting about 23 mpg with about 50/50 city/highway driving. I hope that BMW does not keep raising their prices so much that they become unaffordable. Did I mention that it is fun to

2010 BMW x5 Diesel first quarter
By Old_Navy on 04/02/10 21:51 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

First of all Bellvue could not have treated me better. I had been to to other dealerships locally in the Portland area and they were unsat. My only complaint is the Nav system that can't find anything and the sound system. The nav system has Probability of Success for finding something of less than .5. You could go to the vendor website and enter the lat long, but if you don't know where it is then you don't know lat long either. The radio will tune to both HD and standard signals and sometimes both which is the problem. Like an echo due to signal lag. Sound is not exceptional. Ride is great with the Multi contour seats. Overall car is great though Diesel performs well. Moon roof is nice

Will never go back to gas engines
By eastcoast on 04/02/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

11,000 miles on a 2010 X5 diesel and I love it. Excellent build quality, performance, comfort, and zero defects. (I'll be first in line for the new X5 4.0d in 2011.) I like the comfort/convenience of an SUV while knowing that clean diesel doesn't pollute like a gas SUV. I looked at the 555hp X5 M, but I can't stomach guzzling gas and polluting like that any more. No tire problems yet. (And yes, whiners in the previous post, your X5 does have a spare tire. Try reading your owner's manual.) I've had 6 X5s since 2001. Although this is the most truck-like vehicle BMW has ever made, it has the best combination of performance, fuel efficiency, low emissions.

I can't believe it's a diesel!
By JACK on 03/28/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I just took delivery of my 2010 X5 35D and am grinning from ear to ear from the driving experience and the superb turbo diesel engine. I have owned 3 series BMWs previously, but decided to buy something bigger. All in all, the fit and finish and the quality of materials used is second to none. The new I-drive is more intuitive than I anticipated. So far, my only complaint is that the car is a bit difficult to get in and out of. I equipped my X5 with running boards purely for aesthetics and found that it actually impedes one's ability to enter and exit the car and leaves dirt on one's pants. My experience with the car is too new to report on its fuel efficiency. The sound system is nice.

Update after 6500 miles
By Rick on 03/12/10 06:29 AM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After 6500 miles this car has not had a single problem. Average fuel economy is 26.3 mpg. Most of my trips have been 300-400 miles of highway at 80- 85 mph with 60 or so miles of urban driving. For me, this is such a perfect vehicle as it handles long open stretches effortlessly but handles like a sports car in cities and mountains. To those who have rated this car low I can only suggest either they are an anomaly or they have an agenda.

Amazing vehicle but tires are major flaw
By glouis188 on 02/11/10 18:33 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I love this vehicle!I ordered the diesel even though I live in Minnesota and it delivers as advertised even in -18 deg.It's worth every penny regardless of the negative reviews on price and the I-Drive (which is great!).I'm a car guy and this thing just rocks.Close your eyes, sign on the line and you won't be sorry. No comparison to any of the other Lux SUVs that I drove, amazing! One issue to keep in mind. The vehicle came with Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires as OE and they are awful. Since new, they have droned on so loudly that I went back to the dealer at 850 miles thinking there was an issue.There is, as they are cupping but the dealers hands are tied until 5K miles. Avoid these tires!

Love it!
By PJ on 02/09/10 13:38 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

My Land Rover LR3 lease was coming to an end and I have been looking at a lot of different options for my next vehicle. I came across a black X5 Diesel on the BMW of Arlington website and decided to take a test drive. I was really impressed from the moment I first got in. It is very well appointed, has lots of useful technologies, and is amazing to drive. I really liked my LR3 but the X5 is part sports car and part SUV. The diesel is so strong and awfully quiet. Fuel mileage is double what I got in the LR3. The parking attendants at my parking garage think it is the nicest vehicle they have ever seen. Best car decision I ever made.