Used 2010 BMW X5 xDrive48i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Very Poor Reliability
By emc

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Very poor reliability. I am not going to say much other than if you buy one you were warned. Maybe because they are build in the states and not Munich. Maybe because they have so much electronics that no one knows how to fix when it breaks but mine has been nothing but problems. Climate control issue, leaking of fluids and high battery discharge than can leave you stranded and has twice. The sedans seem fine and I should know as I drive loaners of 1, 3 and 5 series more than my SUV. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

I like the power, cornering and transmission knob.

Make it more more often then not, the run flat tires I do not like. No jack comes with the car as there is no spare. Will not matter as it will not work long enough to be an issue.

Perfect
By Nick

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered an X5, 4.8 with: Cold Weather PKG Premium PKG Tech PKG rear climate 3rd row The ride is great, performance is exciting and everything just feels right. No need for premium sound system, the base package is pretty good, and I like to listen to loud music.

Performance, and the traffic integration with Navigation. Works great on a road trip.

Better gas mileage, more room in the 3rd row.

Top of the line
By manny

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my brand new 2010 BMW x5 4.8. I can't get tired of driving it, it handles like a sports car and rides like a sports car too. The 3 row seating not worth the money, did not get - can only fit small kid, very small. Everything else I love.

Nav is very easy to read sound system out of this world and the panoramic roof crazy good.

Not worth the hype! (if there is any)
By David

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I should have waited. Interior is still boring, NAV is still a pain, gas mileage is much worse than posted, turning radius is one of the worst in its mid-size SUV class, and there is so much more to dislike.

Wide tires look great, parking feature is nice, and exterior styling.

Improve gas mileage, update interior, shorten turning radius, NAV operation, engine noise, shift knob, and my last major complaint is when driving you sit way to high. It feels like you are driving a school bus. I was happy the day I bought it, and I will be happy again the day I trade it.