2010 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
First BMW
By lsd1 on 07/20/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 BMW X5 was my entry into the BMW brand. It is a nice blend of car and SUV. I bought it with 12,000 miles so took advantage of a price discount by the dealer. I have put 14,000 miles on the car so far and have been pleased. The 2010 'control wheel' (which manages access to radio, navigation, etc.) is much more user friendly than I expected, and improved over 2009 and earlier versions. The finishes and quality earn the great reputation this brand has achieved. Have not had any service issues with the car since purchase.

No Southern Comfort
By RBROADWELL on 08/28/10 19:55 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I leased this 2010 X5 for my wife. I have never leased a car before, but I am glad I did since I will be getting rid of this vehicle ASAP. The car is a gas guzzler and you are constantly filling up. It is just outright inconvenient. The fuel tank is just too small. The backup sensor system so sensitive that it is obnoxious. The air conditioning system is inadequate and very noisy. The left side of the drivers face is always hot during SC Summer months as the A/C airflow is entirely inadequate. Run flat tires seem good until you have a flat or blowout. Then you must depend on BMW roadside service which is useless on the weekends. Very disappointed in this vehicle for the price of the lease.

Nice car, but unreliable
By 1stBMW on 08/20/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car is great. I have everything except Navigation package. X5 drove great for the first 5200 miles until the electrical system and comfort access failed. Been without my ride I've had for 5 months for two weeks now. This is my first BMW, and may be my last, since the X5 is proving to be unreliable.

Better than advertised
By Bigpunnisher51 on 04/04/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Well I've spent about a week with my 2010 X5 3.0. Initial impressions are quite favorable. I am quite taken by the overall fit and finish of the vehicle, it's absolutely beautiful. I went with Sapphire Black, and every option available. Driving thus far has been refined, although I am going to miss that raw thrust and power of my outgoing FX 45, but I need to slow down anyway. Hopefully it will be as reliable as the FX

Good but miss expectation
By lbc on 01/17/10 23:49 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got the new X5 for a very good price. With just a few hundreds over invoice and factoring in the $2500 rebate, great deal. Had a BMW 330i with ZHP before. Expected a similar "best in class" dynamic. Was quite disappointed. The vehicle is close to my outgoing 2001 MDX than the 330i in terms of performance and handling. Don't know about the turning radius myth. Where my MDX could make a straight U turn, I have had to do w/ 3 point turns. Big gaps in the doors letting dirts in. Tires are run-flat only. Hugely expensive as BMW disallow repairs. A small nail had cost me $400.

Needs better quality & reliability
By Tap on 12/28/09 13:26 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The X3 and X5 have the same 3.0 sized engine. But the X5 is about 1000lbs heavier. Where is the "Efficient Dynamics"? It is sluggish after making turns. You are constantly downing shifting gears just to be normal on the roads. This one is not part of the Ultimate Driving machine class!!

Horrible X5
By Nancy on 12/27/09 20:40 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Lost wiper in heavy rain storm, one of the windows insisted to open on the freeway and flooded my car. The next day it magically cured itself. Alarm goes off on its own. I have observed this myself. Nothing passed by my X5 with loud music or exhaust. MY dealer cant figure it out. The battery is excellent. Lost the driver's memory seat, fixed it then it was the passenger's memory seat. What's next? When the car goes over a bump, the rear wiper and washer are on. You all get the idea...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW X5 Suv in NJ is:

$208 per month*