Used 2010 BMW X5 Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Bmw X5 - Consumer Reviews

2010 BMW X5 Diesel

xDrive35d 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )

Most Helpful|
*drool*
By Abhi

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've never come across a car that is fun to drive each and every time you press the "start/stop" button! The X35D turbo is a rocket on the highway. If the highway is empty and I'm just craving a little get-pushed-in-your-seat-on-take- off fun, I just release the hounds. The 3.0 gas is not bad, but the 3.5D is just plain amazing. Interior technology is great. The backseat is actually spacious like a sedan and not like most SUV's where it's a bit narrower with no thigh support. The engine is of course a bit louder but the roar when you giddy up is fun.

Favorite Features

Twin Turbo, Seamless Idrive-Ipod integration, most comfortable SUV seats ever, Google Maps integration with BMW Assist.

Suggested Improvements

Need to figure out a better design for the running boards - they look good but seem to get in the way a bit when getting in and out (might be my fault since I'm not that tall)

Great Car
By N VA BMW owner

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is a brand new 2010 X5 35D and it is awesome. The handling is very good. iDrive is fantastic and the navigation panel is very user friendly. There is nothing to complain about this car. Definitely a good purchase for the price. The parking feature is extremely good. When you press the parking switch when you are driving all the cameras around the car would turn and it clearly shows you whether you parked on the side line etc., it is cool, pick up is very good, brakes are very sharp.

Favorite Features

Park feature, iDrive, the diesel engine sound! Very comfortable handling, do not feel like driving a heavy SUV. Turning radius is impressive for such a big car.

I Love This Car!
By Todd Ramming

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have owned my 2010 BMW X5 35d for 10 months and like the car more now than ever. The car is a pleasure to drive and gets very good mileage (about 29 mpg highway for me) for a large vehicle. The low-end torque of the diesel makes it a fun and safe car to drive. Some people like to hate iDrive, but in 2010 BMW fixed the main issue by adding buttons so that many features can be accessed in one step rather than navigating through menus. This is an amazingly clean diesel. Hold your hand behind the exhaust for a while. There is no soot or smell. Great for driving family and dogs around town and on long trips.

Favorite Features

I ordered the heads-up display (projects info on windshield) and the seat with ventilation and "seat massaging". I love both features.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Expectations Met or Exceeded
By bxj

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Did my due diligence (research, test drives) and ordered from factory to my specs. Very satisfied overall - traded in my 2003 530i (great car)- no regrets other than when I signed the check. Great combination of fun to drive/fuel economy/cargo capacity.

Favorite Features

Turbo Diesel power once you get moving, fuel economy, BMW handling, brakes and the first class build quality that keeps you coming back.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the very slight turbo lag, reduce engine noise in cabin (ok but could be better);Offer more options for Adjustable suspension (bit on the firm side as expected): Center console double lid can complicate access until you get used to it.

Love it still, after 18,500 miles
By cablue

2010 BMW X5 Diesel xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I am so happy I bought this diesel! I've had it for 10 months now, and I still look forward to driving it every day. I'm getting 28.5-29 mpg. pure hwy. driving. Mixed driving I'm getting around 24.5-25.

Favorite Features

Comfort seats! It's a must-have! Diesel engine is awesome. A lot of power and great gas mileage for this size of a vehicle. Great sunroof and spaciousness inside.

Suggested Improvements

With rear climate pkg, tinted windows are too light. Standard stereo is POOR! VERY disappointed in that. If you're into music, do the upgrade. Wish I had. Can open the rear hatch from inside but cannot close it from inside. Sun visor should have an extension.