2010 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
Very Poor Reliability
By emc on 02/25/10 16:42 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Very poor reliability. I am not going to say much other than if you buy one you were warned. Maybe because they are build in the states and not Munich. Maybe because they have so much electronics that no one knows how to fix when it breaks but mine has been nothing but problems. Climate control issue, leaking of fluids and high battery discharge than can leave you stranded and has twice. The sedans seem fine and I should know as I drive loaners of 1, 3 and 5 series more than my SUV. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Perfect
By Nick on 01/03/10 09:57 AM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered an X5, 4.8 with: Cold Weather PKG Premium PKG Tech PKG rear climate 3rd row The ride is great, performance is exciting and everything just feels right. No need for premium sound system, the base package is pretty good, and I like to listen to loud music.

Top of the line
By manny on 12/21/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my brand new 2010 BMW x5 4.8. I can't get tired of driving it, it handles like a sports car and rides like a sports car too. The 3 row seating not worth the money, did not get - can only fit small kid, very small. Everything else I love.

Not worth the hype! (if there is any)
By David on 11/21/09 10:13 AM (PST)

2010 BMW X5 xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I should have waited. Interior is still boring, NAV is still a pain, gas mileage is much worse than posted, turning radius is one of the worst in its mid-size SUV class, and there is so much more to dislike.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW X5 in VA is:

$128 per month*