Used 2010 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

Great used car to buy
By Joseph Liu

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I bought this car at used with 35000 miles on it in 2014. This is the best used car that I'd ever drive. I owned quite a few luxury cars. X5 35d is the most pleasure for me to drive in road with great milage and power.

X5 35d nightmare
By Maxx

My 2010 x5 diesel such a nightmare Shame on BMW

First BMW
By lsd1

2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 2010 BMW X5 was my entry into the BMW brand.
It is a nice blend of car and SUV.
I bought it with 12,000 miles so took advantage of a price discount by the dealer.
I have put 14,000 miles on the car so far and have been pleased.
The 2010 'control wheel' (which manages access to radio, navigation, etc.) is much more user friendly than I expected, and improved over 2009 and earlier versions.
The finishes and quality earn the great reputation this brand has achieved.
Have not had any service issues with the car since purchase.

Key observations: 1) The car came with the third row seating, which really does not seem functional. 2) Main complaint are the factory installed running boards which makes getting in and out of the car more challenging. I tried to have the boards removed, but the dealer confirmed this is not realistically possible do to factory install. 3) Also, have to really dip my head (I'm only 5'8") to clear the door opening when getting in an out. But, once inside, all is good. 4) Be sure to check for your desired seat position and be aware of a 'blind spot' which is much more obvious in some positions. While all cars have blind spots, this one can be unusually unique.

Good but not good enough
By Bill Hopper Jr

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

We bought a BMW diesel X5 and there is a lot of good things too say like room, looks, fuel economy and performance however in the age of information all I can say is SHAME on BMW. With all the so called advances surrounding information systems BMW has missed the mark by more than a country mile. The important variables like oil pressure, coolant temperature and battery voltage level are all missing. This information is all "vital" since they provide valuable insight when a system is "starting" to fail. I prefer and I am sure that many other drivers would prefer to have maintenance done before you are in a location or at a time where help is hours away. Again SHAME on BMW & our salesmen.

Plenty of room and the diesel is great giving us reasonably fuel economy and plenty of power. Also having all wheel drive lets us go in snow areas to ski.

Needs a battery voltmeter, oil pressure and water temperature gauges. Sun visors are too high. Needs a tailgate rated to hold two people. Needs a 6 speed stick for added fun in driving a sports model like this. Also it needs an oil dip stick so we can check the oil level. This is more reliable.

I Love This Car!
By Todd Ramming

2010 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have owned my 2010 BMW X5 35d for 10 months and like the car more now than ever. The car is a pleasure to drive and gets very good mileage (about 29 mpg highway for me) for a large vehicle. The low-end torque of the diesel makes it a fun and safe car to drive. Some people like to hate iDrive, but in 2010 BMW fixed the main issue by adding buttons so that many features can be accessed in one step rather than navigating through menus. This is an amazingly clean diesel. Hold your hand behind the exhaust for a while. There is no soot or smell. Great for driving family and dogs around town and on long trips.

I ordered the heads-up display (projects info on windshield) and the seat with ventilation and "seat massaging". I love both features.

None.