First BMW X5 purhcase...
By adam11b on
2009 BMW X5 xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)
When you look past the iDrive and price, what a vehicle. Nothing this big I have ever driven handles as well as the X5. The interior is timeless and the exterior is just enough the combo of aggressiveness/luxury. I have the 4.8i with the big v8. Talk about ballsy, this thing gets up and goes, however I do not drive it hard as I am concerned for the price of gas. I will say that if you are genuinely considering buying one, you must have the money for maintenance (regardless of warranty or not) someone financially unstable should not even think of buying this SUV. The oil changes, tires WILL bite your wallet at some point. I have not found the rattling for rear gate, its bothering me..bad.
Favorite Features
4.8i engine has balls interior is timeless pano roof is gangsta heated seats heat quick huge steamroller 20's on the rear flared fenders running boards HID adaptive lights exhaust note huge cargo for my shepherd Samantha :)
Suggested Improvements
Back up sensors are super duper annoying, I always turn them off. iDrive isn't as user friendly as I would like, although I will say, having a BMW 5series wagon with iDrive before this, it is much easier to learn the new features. Run flats are expensive, damn you tirerack