2009 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Wish it were more reliable

2009 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Review

Wish it were more reliable
By Brian B on

2009 BMW X5 xDrive48i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My wife has been driving for almost 2 years. I am trying to decide whether we want to buy from lease. We have had multiple problems with this car. We have had a continuous small surge from the start position. Additionally we had a leak in the sun roof that went into the dash. They had to replace the dash )leather) and all electronics. Problem is fixed but it always lurks in my mind. My wife really likes the car. Power is good. Drives good. We paid extra for the leather dash and upgraded leather seating. Do not get this car without the vented (cooled) seats. I have found it to be extremely hot on the bottom:)

Power, large sunroof, sporty.

Sunroof screen, nav on Idrive.
By bmwpap
on 01/27/11 17:55 PM (PST)

Hey I have the same issue with my X5 racing sometimes at start, sometimes it hesitates - I never get the same car twice. It also stays in gear for a long time going up small hills and does not release until on the downward side of the hill. It has been in the shop 4 times with nothing but all systems are fine from diagnostices.