Mixed feelings
By Matthew on
2009 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
This is my first SUV, or should I say SAV... what got my attention at the dealership was the exterior styling of this vehicle. Also, having never owned a spacious and roomy vehicle, I thought it was time for a change. What I love about my new X5 is the driving position because you sit up very high and the car has very good visibility all around. I also love the panoramic sunroof. I am not sure how I feel about the leatherette seats... they feel kind of rubbery although they seem very durable. I must say the seats are extremely supportive on long trips and adjust in many ways. I feel BMW should try to improve fuel economy in the gasoline engines as I did not want a diesel.
Favorite Features
Bi-Xenon Headlights, corona-rings on headlights, and cornering lights. Driving position. Roomy interior. Panoramic Sunroof. Awesome braking power for a 5,000lb vehicle! Cool shifter. Memory key settings very cool and easy.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage. Ease of ingress/egress (running boards get in the way). Bass quality of std. audio system pathetic. LCD screen for iDrive too far out of driver's line of sight. Needs A/C vent center console. Larger included wheels/tires. Add more orange LED interior lighting. Ugly std. steering wheel.