2009 BMW X5 Consumer Review: I got what I hoped

2009 BMW X5 Diesel - Consumer Review

I got what I hoped
By Aussie_Rob on

2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have been researching an SUV (Landcruiser, Nissan Patrol, Discovery 3 or Bimmer) for 4 months and after a lot of deliberation went for the X5 turbo. I couldn't be more thrilled with what I got. The turbo is smooth and delivers great performance and yet is amazingly fuel efficient for a large vehicle. I'm 6'3" and so there is plenty of space, great driving position and visibility. I had an E90 325 manual and the X5 isn't any slower and the handling isn't vastly different. My wife thought paying this much for a car ($90k Aussie) was ludicrous but she's already a convert - "it's very comfortable isn't it??" She never liked the 325. So I'm wrapped - so far anyway.

Turbo diesel. Rear door opener. Drink holders location. Seats. Front & rear parking sensors. Visibility. Fuel economy. Exterior design.Interior space. "Secret" glove compartment. All the gadgets and tie downs in the rear trunk area.

Make the iDrive more intuitive. I agree with the guy who suggested you could have an accident trying to get it to work when driving. Make run flat tires optional.