2009 BMW X5 Consumer Review: the shop guys call it a truck

2009 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

xDrive35d 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic)

the shop guys call it a truck
By woolly on

2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Love that diesel note at idle. Reminds me of being in Europe. Can't hear it at speed. Surprising punch with dual sequential turbo. Feels best at 80 mph. Gets an honest 26 mpg at that rate. Town is 17/18. Electronics are suspect. Clock won't boot sometimes. Nav screen will not come up on occasion. Had three Nav heads installed on warranty. Probably fixed. Had an alternator go out, took three weeks to get replacement. Dealer made a courtesy payment! With all those gears it is hard for trans to select medium takeoff velocity. Easy is fine and stoop on it and it flies. The middle is hard to attain. I love/distrust this car and will probably trade before warranty expires.

In the winter it is the bun and hand warmers. In the summer it is the HUGE sunroof. Love that diesel. AWD is great, always.

I do not know how the HVAC works. I can run idrive long before I can make air come from where and what temp I want it.