Finally!
By Hazbeen on
2009 BMW X5 xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I've been a long time Porsche/BMW/Mercedes driver and this is by far the best all around vehicle I have ever owned. I enjoyed my M3/997 more from a pure driver's standpoint but I can actually carry my dry cleaning home now. The new X5 is a terrific package and the diesel power plant completes it nicely. I have wanted a proper diesel power plant in a daily driver for some time now as the advantages during a daily commute are obvious: torque while being fuel efficient and low rev requirements to get the job done. It feels as quick as the V8 powered X5, however provides guilt free driving while in view of my Sierra Club neighbors.
Favorite Features
I like the high quality interior and while some believe the interior isn't flashy enough, I appreciate the form follows function approach. I believe it will stand the test of time where many new interior design in other automobiles will date themselves quickly. Fuel economy and thus, fuel range A+++
Suggested Improvements
The center console is large however there are no obvious storage areas within that would allow eyes on the road searches. The iDrive is way cool, works wonderfully. The placement of the cupholders are a touch far forward... a minor nit on a terrifically executed vehicle.