BMW 35d
By eddiebrannon on
2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
I bought the 35d last week it is a great car, fun to drive and the interior is elegant yet contemporary. The I drive with noted improvements, is still cumbersome and I have to duck my head to get into the vehicle. The windshield is swept a bit too far back creating an entry obstacle. However I still highly recommend this vehicle as it is state of the art and well worth the price! Driving is a pleasure, the turbo diesel is responsive and zippy! Ride is all you would expect from a car of this caliber. Cup holders are positioned well and there are plenty of auxiliary electronics ports. My wife doesn't care for the engine vibration at idle. The passenger climate controls are great.
Favorite Features
Seats are great I upgraded to cooled seats so you get the sport seats which are fabulous. The diesel engine is a joy to drive and connects the driver to the car. I averaged 19.7 mpg in the city. I have yet to test the fuel efficiency on the HWY but expect it to achieve better than 26mpg displayed
Suggested Improvements
Stand the windshield a bit higher to allow easier ingress and egress. Clean up the I drive software. Improve mpg. The running boards are placed a bit too high making them only an aesthetic rather than functional. Put lower glove box back storage is essential! Reduce idle vibration.