2009 BMW X5 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - All that and more! Really!

2009 BMW X5 Diesel - Consumer Review

2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

All that and more! Really!
By Doc on

2009 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Feels rocket fast because of the low end torque. 0 to 60 is only 0.6 sec. slower then the gas guzzling 4.8 liter gasoline version. I average 22.4 mpg. and I drive it like a sports car. The comfort stability and ride quality still astound me. For the first time I always want to drive... and everyone else asks to. The thing corners like a sports car and feels soooo smooth doing 100mph on the straight. Sound system is superb. You can hear the engine if the sound system is not on but it's not intrusive. I don't have the sport package with the expensive wheels so the visual is an understatement but the highway ride quality is actually a lot better without the fat tires...go figure.

Favorite Features

The multi way adjustable seat is pure heaven to me. The ride, the feel, the stability the responsiveness...did I mention the ride? THE DIESEL MILEAGE.

Suggested Improvements

Wouldn't mind nicer wheels without the fat tires. The rear gate automatic lift is temperamental enough to piss me off sometimes.