2008 BMW X5 Consumer Review: I'll always own one

2008 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

I'll always own one
By grizzy54 on

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Since I bought this I've enjoyed it everyday. It rides as tight as my M did but I like the higher sitting. Great performance & handling. I-Drive is easy to use. I don't get all of the complaints? It's very logical & easy to use common sense. I just read that they are launching an M version with a twin Turbo 4.8 V8 for 555 HP & 500 Torq. I'll wait until year 2 to get the bugs out. I love the 4.8 motor, very quick and a nice growl. Handling, brakes are superb. I've owned 4 other BMW's, Acura RL's, Lexus (dumped this in 6 mon.) and I didn't feel the road. It's for folks who want a 'numb' ride. Expensive to maintain. My only gripe is the gas mileage. Hwy I get 20 with a full load and 14 in city.

Brakes dry automatically when it rains. Also holds on a hill for 2 seconds when you take your foot off the brake. Comfortable seats, great acceleration & braking. Super handling I put on the 20 inch wheels which have great looks. Lots of thumbs up! Best vehicle I've ever owned including Acura, Lexus.

Better gas mileage. Other than that I have had 0 problems in the first 13 months of ownership.