Fantastic Vehicle
By lisaann525 on
2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)
I seriously love this car. I traded in my QX56 because I was tired of how big and bulky it was and I was tired of not being able to see around the vehicle while driving. I was looking at larger vehicles and drove the BMW on a whim. I am so glad. We ended up ordering one loaded up. If you need the utility of a sport utility but you miss driving a sporty car, this is the vehicle for you. And I drove many, many vehicles. The only vehicle that compared was the Mercedes GL550, and it didn't have every feature I wanted and I felt like an old lady in it.
Favorite Features
I love the way it handles and I love the iDrive. I'm not sure what the criticism of that system is for. It is so easy and all at your finger tips while your arm is resting comfortably. It took a minute to learn, but it is so intuitive that it once I knew it, I could do anything I needed to do.
Suggested Improvements
I wouldn't trade one drop of the handling for more room, but if BMW could figure out a way to add just a bit of room to the back, it truly would be the perfect vehicle. But again, I'll take less room so I can have this feeling of loving driving a vehicle. It truly handles like a dream.