2008 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Disappointed

2008 BMW X5 SUV - Consumer Review

Disappointed
By kz on

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my x5, fully loaded, for less than 3 months. I have had it towed 1x and will be taking it in to the dealer again this week because I can't use my bluetooth or BMW assist. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Additionally, I don't think I have the power I should. My last vehicle was a loaded 530i, I expected the same performance and do not get it. Yes, I realize it is a heavier vehicle, but supposedly adjustments have been made for power. I don't have the confidence to pass when immediate acceleration is required because of potential lag. I want to love my car, this is a purchase not a lease. Given the cost of this vehicle I am kicking myself.

I love everything about the looks, features and driving performance around curves, etc. The safety features are a real plus.

Need a more substantial sun visor, it is almost useless. Improve longterm reliability. I'm worried.