2008 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews 5

2008 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
It's all about the ride
By Pete S on 07/11/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I recently upgraded to a X5 4.8 with Sport Package from an 2005 Touareg V8 with the air suspension. The X5 is so flat and stable in corners, even at high speeds its unbelievable. The dash layout is nice, but the VW's MFI/gauge display shames the BMW. The iDrive system is nice, but lack of touch screen entry is SORELY missing and the navigation interface leaves a lot to be desired when I compare it with my wife's Buick Enclave which is simpler to use, more elegantly designed, and is so much more functional. The real time traffic data is nice. The 3rd row space is a waste, I'd rather see more legroom in the second row. The comfort seats are great and don't forget - it's fun to drive!

Awesome!
By flwink on 07/10/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned a number of BMWs including two M series & they have been a joy to own. The X5 is big enough to load up & take to the beach & comfortable at highway speeds. It is a truly a joy to drive. I unfortunately only drive 3 miles to & from work so we make it a point to drive to the coast on the weekends. It handles incredibly with go-cart like feel in a 4000lb + vehicle. I highly recommend. My only slightly negative is the gas mileage in the city which is 15 mpg vs 20+ on the highway loaded with people. I have had no problems what so ever since owning.

Love this SUV
By skip0303 on 07/08/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great automobile. The SUV that handles like a sports car. This is my first BMW and I am a customer for life. The handling and performance are great. Love the technology, iDrive, sound system, navigation and active suspension are all great. It is amazing that a car this size has no body roll. My E63amg has the power but this is even more fun to drive and its technology buries Mercedes. I thought I was going to buy a Range Rover sport but after driving the X5 there was no comparison. I love this car.

Nice looking and fun to drive
By CL on 07/02/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first BMW. I just broke the 1k break-in period. If you expected a race car-like feel for X5, you will be disappointed. The V6 3.0si is clearly not a M3. Maybe the 4.8 will be better. I picked 3.0 for the slightly better gas mileage. Overall, this is an excellent SUV. Drives better than my Mercedes E320. The transmission picks up swiftly and smoothly. Great brakes. The new space gray color matches well with the style. I don't have the active steering so my wife complains about the heavy steering in parking lots. The worst thing is battery. Since they loaded so many things on the car which consume power, the battery wouldn't last long if you don't drive it for a while.

2008 BMW X5 3.0
By KP on 05/14/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This SUV handles the road best, compared to all the SUVs I have ever driven. Remarkable attention to detail, best looking interior immediately caught my attention. When I test drove, its handle on road made me feel like I am driving my convertible. Front and rear heated car seats, USB interface-play music from your flash drive or iPhone/iPod, panoramic moon-roof, just amazing. Comfort Access-never take out your car key from your pocket, I didnít know I would love it so much. . Real time traffic info and rerouting feature from navigation is just amazing.

X5 Beats Cayenne!!!
By Mike on 05/13/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Much smoother than the 2006 Cayenne S I had. Definitely more technologically advanced. Owned for about 2 weeks now, and waiting to break-in to about 1k miles, then I'll drive more like a speed demon.

BMW X5
By JC on 05/12/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first BMW. I have driven 3,000 miles since purchase and have been impressed by build quality and technology. I was drawn to the X5 by its looks, both external and internal, and BMW Ultimate Service. I opted for 3.0 over 4.8 due to significant addtional cost of the V8 and a little better fuel economy. I also own a Mercedes GL450 which I prefer over the X5 if you really need or want a V8 SUV with a useable 3rd row for kids or for towing.

Two 4.8 X5s in the garage
By BMW fan on 05/03/08 05:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Switched from my '06 750i to a loaded '08 4.8 X5 primarily to carry more loads (dogs and stuff) to our second home. We now have 2 4.8 X5s - an '07 and '08, both loaded. Great performance, not as smooth as the 750, a bit more choppy but still great for a long journey. Engine noise more noticeable, but this is an SUV and not a sedan. The big tires on the performance package have plenty of grip, huge cross section, work well in the rain (unlike the MB GL550), although there's some tire noise. We switch to snow tires in the winter and the noise disappears. Interior and equipment are great, driver sits higher than the 750 but the car is just as chuckable, with no body roll.

Great SUV
By kg on 04/30/08 07:54 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great family vehicle. It has the get up and go that you would expect from a sports car, the luxury you would expect from a Lexus and the utility you would expect from a small truck. All in all it is just a great vehicle.

My Favorite SUV
By Lisa on 04/28/08 06:06 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd x5. The other 2 had the 4.4 engine and this has the 4.8. I love this truck. We also have the BMW 645 convertable. My husband and I like the x5 better. It is fast, handles like a sports car, never been in the shop for any repairs. It is alot of fun to drive. It has all the bells and whistles and is great on long trips. very comfortable for everyone. I even like the looks. I plan on getting another one when the lease is over or maybe I'll get the x 6. I recomend it to everyone. It sucks gas like most SUVs.