2008 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
4.8 BMW X5
By Melissa on 10/20/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd BMW. A Z3, a 3 Series and now an X5. We are definitely sold on the brand. The comfortable ride of the X5 was a pleasant surprise. The sport package makes the look and the drive.

Very Pleased
By flwink on 10/08/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned the new 4.8 V-8 x5 since February. It has a great ride & with the "Sport" option it really gets up and goes. It is very fast for the size of the vehicle. It handles really well & corners without any over steer. Great ride & the engine is silky smooth. I put on most of the options & can't figure out why so many people complain about the iDrive. If you use a computer you can use the iDrive. I don't have to look & it is easy to navigate. There are a lot of options to set to your liking with the iDrive & I think that may be why people complain. Great vehicle. I'll buy a new one every 4 years or so. One last note that there isn't any maintenance dollars out of my pocket.

BMW X5 - 3.0i
By BMW Lover on 10/07/08 16:54 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a new BMW X5 after test driving Lexus GX, Toyota Highlander and other. BMW by far was the best to drive. The handling is smoothest of any car I have driven and really gives you confidence. The front interior cabin was the largest of all I test drove. The iDrive takes some getting used to but now I love it. I got the 3rd row seat as that is the only model they had thinking it was not a big deal as it would be folded down most of the time, but it also means you have no spare tire and have run-flats. I would suggest negotiating the extended tire warranty in the deal with a third row seat. Gas mileage is ok.

Nice SUV
By TN on 09/09/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at and test drove MB-350, Q-56, Escalade and found the BMW to ride the best. I am a previous BMW owner (335I) but wanted a SUV this time. The ride is smooth and I had mine custom ordered. Only have had it for a month but so far I am very happy.

Love the X5, hate the running boards
By JH on 08/29/08 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

After years of traveling to Europe on business and having Mercs and BMWs as rental cars I finally bought one for my daily drive. I absolutely love my X5. I test drove the 4.8 and 3.0 and came to the conclusion the 4.8 was well worth the loss in gas mileage. At 5'7 getting in and out is a bit difficult, the vehicle is exactly the wrong height for me, and the running boards get in the way more than they help. The power and performance is fantastic, this vehicle corners better than my Acura TL. The throttle response can be a little quirky at times. Having the CD changer in the glove box takes up room and is a clunky location. The plastic on the fold down tail gate scratches too easily.

Very satisfied.
By LG on 08/11/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced our LR3 with a 2008 X5 3.0si. Test drove Acura MDX, Mercedes GL and R classes, Mazda CX9, Toyota Highlander and Audi Q7 before making our purchase decision. 3.0 engine has more than sufficient power. It is actually quicker than my 2002 325i.

One of a kind
By One of a kind on 08/07/08 16:29 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first BMW and I'm loving every inch of it, from the exterior to the interior. I can't say enough when it comes to its quality, I would say BMW engineers really did a good job. But the gas mileage is just too much for a V6. Other than that, this car is awesome. Maybe next time I will get the 4.8i version and see the power difference.

On my Third X5 and loving it.
By Barbie on 07/24/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I really enjoy this vehicle and find the control and handle is excellent. Driving in bad weather either snow or heavy rain doesn't worry me anymore because the vehicle really hugs the road. As a woman I find it has been worry free and have enjoyed driving the X5. It is the ultimate driving machine.

Better than GL
By Cristine on 07/20/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got a BMW X5 3.0 and I can't say enough good things about it. My lease on a 2007 Mercedes GL is about to expire. I can't believe that for almost $20,000 less, BMW offers so much more! The biggest difference for our family is that the 3rd row is more accessible in the BMW. We have car seats installed on both sides in the 2nd row and the 3rd row in the GL was difficult to access. In the BMW, the entire seat can be lifted (even though the car seat is installed) to access the 3rd row.

BMW X5
By Billy C on 07/12/08 04:41 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many American and Foreign SUVs in the past, but the BMW X5 far surpasses my expectations with comfort, technology, gas economy and just plain fun to drive!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.