2007 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Very Disappointed - Definitely

2007 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

Very Disappointed - Definitely not worth the money
By mobettuh on

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2007 BMW X5 less than 1 year ago. This is my FIRST luxury vehicle & I've always heard GREAT reviews about BMW. Within my first year of ownership, I have spent numerous hours in the BMW Service Department having MAJOR repairs done to this vehicle. They have replaced the transmission, the radiator, solenoid valve twice, latch on 3rd seat broke off completely, brake fluid flush, and I'm heading back into the service department this week bcuz the CEL is on again for the 3rd time in 7 weeks. I'm extremely disappointed & would not recommend this vehicle (or any BMW) for purchase. Not the QUALITY that I thought I was getting for my money.

My favorite feature is that it's "cute" on the outside. BMW service department staff is very nice, but I see them much too often for me to be driving what is supposed to be one of the most reliable and luxurious vehicles on the market.

Quality is not living up to the BMW Brand
By ck1962
on 08/14/15 21:05 PM (PDT)

If this was your first BMW, you shouldn't judge all are as bad as yours; as I said before, buying used is always a lottery; if you dont know about a particular brand, have it inspected before you buy...you never know how previous owners took care of them. I've had BMW for last 10 years and had to change radiator once because I didn't pay attention to the low coolant warning (530i '03), changed intake VANOS solenoid once because previous owner was negligent with oil changes (328i '07)...dont know what could happen that they had to change the transmission but it has to be something really bad...