The best car I've ever owned
By DaTB on
2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)
I need to preface this by stating that my previous car was a 2002 745i, so I can handle anything gremlins can throw at me. So those individuals complaining about a few service issues are just whiners to me. So let's get to the heart of this. This car is a beast: It growls and snarls with the ferocity of a caged dragon. It throws you back into your seat and gives you butterflies in your stomach yet acts with the utmost refinement when traffics forbids its potency. The way its sport mode flies through its rpm bandwidth is breathtaking. It does everything extraordinarily & nothing mediocre. Its technology is prolific so glitches are par for the course. Drive one; it is truly beauty and the beast.
Favorite Features
Impeccable service, head-turning styling, racecar-like handling & acceleration, throaty V-8 growl that sounds like a Mustang, plethora of technological features, a sport mode that actually pins you in your seat - all with the practicality of an SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Back up camera is a bit hesitant to come on, computer is somewhat sluggish when running through the never-ending functions, can't disengage my nav once it's dialed in, interior trim work is peeling back - not acceptable for a car of this caliber!