2007 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Reliability Problems All Aroun

2007 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

3.0si 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Reliability Problems All Around
By mcclsha on

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love my X5. However, I cannot hold myself to loving something that costs me $1,500 every time it goes into the shop. From having the VANOS solenoids replaced, the alternator, the oil reservoir, and the water pump. The transmission seems to be going out and my panoramic sunroof no longer works. I purchased last year used for $27k. Words of advise, if you purchase and X5, buy the warranty, and get rid of it when the warranty expires. I'm thinking of moving into a Range Rover Sport.

Sunroof, comfort, heated steering wheel, heated seats, push button start.

BMW needs to boost the reliability and overall qualify of the vehicle. It is a luxury piece of junk.
By ck1962
on 08/14/15 20:58 PM (PDT)

Replacing VANOS solenoids shouldn't cost you more than 300 dollars if replacing both; failure is due to previous owner not taking good care of oil changes so sludge messed up the solenoids; I changed one only and problem was over, cost: $ 200.00 Alternator replaced at $ 450.00 including parts and labor; a for oil reservoir and water pump, Im thinking most about previous owner negligent care...all in all, BMW mechanics is over the average; buying used is always like playing lottery and it all depends on how well was taken care of.