7 Series Comfort and SUV Convenience
By anon3 on
2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
This is my 5th X5 and it's a huge improvement over a vehicle that was already very good. It's quieter, smoother, more comfortable, handles better, has greatly improved interior convenience. The upgraded "contour" seats are outstanding. Sport package, technology package, premium sound system are worth the money. I'm one of the few who likes iDrive and this is the best one yet. I wish I had known that you can't see the heads-up display if you wear polarized sunglasses. Ventilated, massaging seats are probably not worth the cost. 3rd row seats add weight to the vehicle and will rarely be used unless you plan to haul elf-sized people or kids. Heads-up windshield display is not worth the money if you live in a sunny climate and wear polarized sunglasses. 350 hp is adequate, but it would be a much more exciting vehicle with an additional 30 - 40 hp.
Favorite Features
iPod interface + Premium sound system. Upgraded "contour" seats are outstanding. Stiff chassis, minimal road/tire noise. Interior storage and cup holders are hugely improved. Handling is more like a sport sedan than any SUV I've ever driven.
Suggested Improvements
Some of the plastic interior bits could be better quality.