Used 2007 BMW X5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
BMW X5 exceeds SUV expectations
By david

2007 BMW X5 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Drives and handles superbly in comparison to the Mercedes ML350 and Lexus GX470. More features like run flat tires, xenon headlamps, etc., are standard equipment but on the others they are options; nicer looking and zero cost maintenance warranty, the kind of warranty you used to be able to get with a Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Active drive and iDrive. Once you understand iDrive it is the same as when you first came in contact with a PC... foreign at first but now you cannot imagine living without a PC and the same applies to iDrive.

Suggested Improvements

Diesel versions (6&8 cylinder), more wheel sizes/rim choices.

Great Car
By RM

2007 BMW X5 SUV 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my BMW, great car, lots of power, best at taking turns at high speed. I don't know any other SUV like this one out there. I had X5 3.0 before and 4.8 doesn't compare - it is in a different league with the power and the sound of engine. I think its stick shift is the best, iDrive works fine, not sure what others referring to, all need my car to do is play a CD :). Bottom line - great core NOTHING compares, it is made for the driver. I do have side boards and I love them, yes, for short people hard to get out but I am tall and have no problem, it is actually funny when short dudes complain how difficult to get out... Love the car - it was made for me! :)

No major complaints
By bla

2007 BMW X5 SUV 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased car brand new - expected lots of issues, especially when I was reading reviews - to my surprise -- pretty reliable. Only had to replace battery because of a bad cell, could happen in any car.

Favorite Features

Performance, bluetooth, awesome seats,

Suggested Improvements

lots of electronics - not a lot of diagnostic tools - dealership is having difficulties serving these cars

Best SUV in Class
By Best SUV in Class

2007 BMW X5 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car the ride is smooth, performance is outstanding. I have one word for this car, The Ultimate Driving Machine!!

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

None.

So far so Good
By goodgame2009

2007 BMW X5 SUV 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't want to pay for the premium price for a new X5 so I got a use one. Pro: Good driving overall, great dealer service. Get used to hear people tell you "nice car or suv". Con: little sluggish with V6, I want a V8 now but of course you will have to pay for it (Gas). Back cam broke and dealer replaced it no charge. But the part only lasts three years for a back up cam? I hope BMW does a better job.

Favorite Features

All the small details, like push button side mirror close, little lite under the door handle, overall layout, just very nicely done.

Suggested Improvements

I know it is a heavy suv but wish V6 can put out more power, I know I know I should get a V8.