Used 2007 BMW X5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:

So far so Good
By goodgame2009

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I didn't want to pay for the premium price for a new X5 so I got a use one. Pro: Good driving overall, great dealer service. Get used to hear people tell you "nice car or suv". Con: little sluggish with V6, I want a V8 now but of course you will have to pay for it (Gas). Back cam broke and dealer replaced it no charge. But the part only lasts three years for a back up cam? I hope BMW does a better job.

All the small details, like push button side mirror close, little lite under the door handle, overall layout, just very nicely done.

I know it is a heavy suv but wish V6 can put out more power, I know I know I should get a V8.

Great Car
By RM

2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I love my BMW, great car, lots of power, best at taking turns at high speed. I don't know any other SUV like this one out there. I had X5 3.0 before and 4.8 doesn't compare - it is in a different league with the power and the sound of engine. I think its stick shift is the best, iDrive works fine, not sure what others referring to, all need my car to do is play a CD :). Bottom line - great core NOTHING compares, it is made for the driver. I do have side boards and I love them, yes, for short people hard to get out but I am tall and have no problem, it is actually funny when short dudes complain how difficult to get out... Love the car - it was made for me! :)

I'm saying goodbye to BMW after 20 years
By Former BMW Customer

2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My 2007 X5 has been nothing but a nightmare and the worse vehicle I have ever owned. I've owned many new BMWs (3, 5, and two 7 series) but my X5 is a completely different experience. It is a loser, a huge disappointment in terms of quality control, problems, but the worse part is how BMW has handled the issue - which is VERY poorly. X5 was in for recurring service issues 2+ months in 1st 2 years for a series of false engine warning lights, Ele issues, rear hatch door problems, and cosmoline that drips onto glass/paint. No support from BMW. Had to retain attorney as BMW NA could care less. BMW NA Execs clearly more concerned with their stock options than long term customers. Bye bye BMW!

Comfort Seats

The best car I've ever owned
By DaTB

2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

I need to preface this by stating that my previous car was a 2002 745i, so I can handle anything gremlins can throw at me. So those individuals complaining about a few service issues are just whiners to me. So let's get to the heart of this. This car is a beast: It growls and snarls with the ferocity of a caged dragon. It throws you back into your seat and gives you butterflies in your stomach yet acts with the utmost refinement when traffics forbids its potency. The way its sport mode flies through its rpm bandwidth is breathtaking. It does everything extraordinarily & nothing mediocre. Its technology is prolific so glitches are par for the course. Drive one; it is truly beauty and the beast.

Impeccable service, head-turning styling, racecar-like handling & acceleration, throaty V-8 growl that sounds like a Mustang, plethora of technological features, a sport mode that actually pins you in your seat - all with the practicality of an SUV.

Back up camera is a bit hesitant to come on, computer is somewhat sluggish when running through the never-ending functions, can't disengage my nav once it's dialed in, interior trim work is peeling back - not acceptable for a car of this caliber!

07 X5 Transmission issues
By kblaxx

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beware the 07 BMW x5 re-designed 3.0 model has major flaws with the transmission. BMW has admitted to the issue and does not have a fix therefore recalls have not been sent out. A $60k car should not have a major fault. The car runs sluggish especially going up hills - it has a hard time shifting into the correct gear. The X5 does not accelerate well from a stopped position and it feels as if it is going to stall before it recognizes you are trying to accelerate. In the past 2 months my car has been in for service 5x times for a week at a time. I have been in contact with BMW North America at this point. BEWARE.

Navigation, tons of room, comfortable ride, handles well in snow but not ice.

Navigation screen freezes often, Apple Iphones have issues pairing to the bluetooth.