3rd & last
By Steve L on
2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)
My 3rd & last BMW (two 7 series and this X5). With 1300 miles on my 4.8 X5 it had to be towed to shop while I was 800 miles from home when the electronic transmission would not shift. Computer updates were no help. As I write this from my motel room after 2 days of waiting, the factory folks are still scratching their heads. Other than the reliability issue the car is very rough riding. Wind noise is too pronounced for a luxury car selling at this price point. The ventilated seats are superior in overall comfort to the hard buckets which are standard. The runflat tires cost abt $500 each to replace and should be an option not standard!
Favorite Features
Panoramic sunroof is great. Ventilated seats should be standard as they are great here in the hot southeast.
Suggested Improvements
Let BMW staffers who are ergonomic techs and who are more customer oriented design the next models instead of the BMW engineers who appear to have too much say in design decisions. Drop the 3rd seat as it is essentially unusable and is dead weight. Make the expensive runflats an option only.