2007 BMW X5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X5 model:
No start
By no start on 01/08/09 18:43 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

Great riding car. Great design. Terrible starting problems. Have had 4 random no start situation. Two in garage, but two out on roads where tow truck was needed. Car has been in shop 8 days with this problem and have not been able to find problem to date. Scary, as you don't know when it will not start. Am getting rid of car now and will buy a Lexus for dependability. I have been a BMW owner for last 20 years. They have over the teched the car. Was told it has over 50 computers in it. Problem is, how many work properly. Do not buy.

PARKING BRAKE MALFUNCTION
By PAM PALAAD on 07/27/08 00:45 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the X5 for only a year and twice now I encountered a parking brake malfunction. The first time this happened was on Thanksgiving day! Had to get the SUV towed from the gas station, manual hand brake feature would not work. Just today, just went to buy groceries and the parking brake malfunction went on again! Had to wait for tow truck for over 2hrs. No other options but to have SUV towed. Very inconvenient! And have to wait until Monday for dealership to open! Even more inconvenient! Other than this, had to change 2 tires twice due to nail punctures, run flats cannot be patched, spent over $1000! Changed one tire, SUV not even a month old! Not safe for long drives! DO NOT BUY!

2007 x5 3.0 problematic
By Donald Gove on 05/25/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My first BMW and my last. At 55k one would expect greater reliability. The cabin has been filled with squeaks and rattles, even the headrest squeaks. The dashboard has been taken apart twice. Consistent major malfunctions, abs, awd, hill descent, cruise, have shut down (5) times in less than a year w/out warning. Running boards are useless makes it difficult for entering, exiting vehicle. The 3.0 lags at low speeds, always needing to shift into sport mode. The ride over uneven road surfaces is punishing. Steering is very stiff always need 2 hands at low speeds. No available option for a remote start due to the complex wiring. The quality, material of the sunvisors is poor, not even a place for sunglass

BMW X5 vs MB GL450
By John S. on 01/29/08 05:05 AM (PST)

2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

The X5 with the V8 has nice acceleration and a throaty growl. The ride is noticeably harsher than our MB GL450 and neither really exhibits excessive body roll. On worn highways I often try to drive to the side to get a smoother ride. I really regret getting the side aluminum running boards, they make it much more difficult to get in and out. While many reviews say the iDrive is easy to learn, I sure wish BMW would add more dedicated buttons. The GL450 is much easier to use to access the map, radio, etc.

Traded in the Porsche
By markM=m on 12/06/07 21:30 PM (PST)

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a porsche CS for the X5. The X5 is perky but not as fast as the CS. The X5 is nicer to drive on long trips and has features like bluetooth & ipod. Tire wear should be better and cheaper. The iDrive is a breeze to use as is the voice command function, very cool. Great suv but do your own homework.

Grand Slam
By Jim on 10/30/07 16:28 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our X5 is a real winner with its good looks, surprising good gas mileage with average of 21+ on our very first trip, great handling and well thought out design. If I can't drive our 530Xi, I want to be behind the wheel of this vehicle. Comfort and heated seats are a must. The iDrive is easy; get over it.

Stay away from the X5 go for the MDX
By Gordon on 10/29/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW X5 4.8i 4dr SUV AWD (4.8L 8cyl 6A)

My loaded X5 has 14000 miles . Week 1, faulty oil line, spent 1 week at the dealer. 1 month later computer crash, 4 more days at the dealer. This month transmission failure ,1 more week at dealer. Now I am told that I need new tires for 2500.00. Yes the x5 is fun to drive and great looking but is not worth the price tag. Just bought my wife loaded 2007 MDX for 20000.00 less than the X5. It might not be the high performance machine but it has not been back to the dealer and it really has better options. Stay away from the X5.

BMW X5
By Alan Zorzi on 09/06/07 16:06 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our X5 for over a week now and we love it. After reading reviews I was a bit nervous with iDrive. However, it takes about an hour to master. We really love everything about our X5 and would recommend this vechicle to anyone interested. The only problem is we do not want to stop driving it. It is truly fun to drive!

Problem with A/C blower motor
By J. Yau on 09/05/07 16:46 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

For those new owners of a BMW X5 3.0si, there are several units with a problem with the A/C blower motor. If you have heard a grinding noise coming from the inside of the A/C vents, you have it! The part is in back order. If you haven't heard the noise, contact your dealer and ask if your car has the problem. Pray that your dealer is honest and will tell you the truth. Very, very frustrated with the brand. A $60K should be flawless.

Best SUV in Class
By Best SUV in Class on 09/01/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW X5 3.0si 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car the ride is smooth, performance is outstanding. I have one word for this car, The Ultimate Driving Machine!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.