2006 BMW X5 Consumer Review: Not too bad, but would not buy

2006 BMW X5 - Consumer Review

3.0i 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

Not too bad, but would not buy again
By Rob on

2006 BMW X5 3.0i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I decided to write my review after owning the vehicle for 2 years. It is a lease, and we are due to turn it in in 5 days. So here goes. First, my likes. This is my 3rd BMW, and of all the BMWs I've owned, I have to say this one has been the most reliable. We have had virtually no issues at all with the car, unlike my last BMWs. The only real problem we have had with the car in the 2 years, is that the driver's side exterior mirror glass is tarnishing badly, and needs to get replaced. Things I don't like. Let me tell you, if you have kids, do NOT buy this car. It is way too small and short wheelbased for a comfortable family car. Rides too stiff and seats too hard.

Good reliability. COLD A/C system. Sports car handling.

Rear seat room is a joke. Too small for a family with small kids. Cargo space is a joke, need more. Make seats more comfortable. Like a rock on long drives. Give it more standard features. For 50k, it is stripped. Rides too firm for a comfy cruise.